New Everton Stadium

Am I the I only one but I can't wait to leave Goodison.
Today felt like we are just awaiting in the airport prior to going home after a lovely holiday.

Cant come soon enough for me. Hopefully it prompts some type of reset as Goodison is full of losers both within the stand and on the pitch.
Can't come soon enough, GP depresses the life out of me. Even when I drive past it on non match days

Can't come soon enough, GP depresses the life out of me. Even when I drive past it on non match days
I find this comment odd.
Why does Goodison depress you?
The club depresses me , but not the stadium which witnessed Dean , Vernon , Young and Ball .
A stadium which has seen great Everton sides win trophies.
The Bayern Munich semi
A place my forbears attended from its opening.
A stadium whose atmosphere can be considered second to none.
BMD is a wonderful piece of architecture, but it will exist for the purpose of extracting more money from the supporters for food , drink and ticket prices to maintain a , at present , Championship level side.
That is what saddens me.
A well designed necessary evil.

If we are as bad but the stadium allows you to have a pint and something to eat, before, during and after the match, that will be an improvement.

I fully agree something to eat and drink in style pre game...post game after another deplorable performance, you can throw it all up again with the added bonus you won't put any weight on.
Support Everton the weight watchers delight of World Football..🤮

I find this comment odd.
The club depresses me , but not the stadium which witnessed Dean , Vernon , Young and Ball .
The Bayern Munich semi
BMD is a wonderful piece of architecture, but it will exist for the purpose of extracting more money from the supporters for food , drink and ticket prices to maintain a , at present , Championship level side.
That is what saddens me.
You must be over 40

I find this comment odd.
The Bayern Munich semi
That is what saddens me.

I go to the match for Goodison, to take in the place while it's still here. The team that play there currently depress me and I can say if we weren't moving I wouldn't bother going.

As for BMD, you are being overly harsh imo. That stadium is driving income into the club now, without it crowds would be down, we wouldn't have a shirt deal worth as twice as much as the last one, along with the catering deal and all the premium seat sales which is all keeping us out of PSR issues this year. Having money is unfortunately a necessary evil, especially under these rules, so if we can go from being the 18th club in terms of match day revenue in the league to the 6th/7th, we'll have a much better chance of putting out a team that we would want to watch and has a greater opportunity of winning something. Surely it is worth the extra we pay for that.

I go to the match for Goodison, to take in the place while it's still here. The team that play there currently depress me and I can say if we weren't moving I wouldn't bother going.

As for BMD, you are being overly harsh imo. That stadium is driving income into the club now, without it crowds would be down, we wouldn't have a shirt deal worth as twice as much as the last one, along with the catering deal and all the premium seat sales which is all keeping us out of PSR issues this year. Having money is unfortunately a necessary evil, especially under these rules, so if we can go from being the 18th club in terms of match day revenue in the league to the 6th/7th, we'll have a much better chance of putting out a team that we would want to watch and has a greater opportunity of winning something. Surely it is worth the extra we pay for that.
If you can afford the extra cost that’s fine , if you can’t it’s irrelevant.

If we are as bad but the stadium allows you to have a pint and something to eat, before, during and after the match, that will be an improvement.
I don’t get this to be honest .
I have a pint and something to eat before the match and after the match now.
I go to the ground to watch football.
To be honest , I will do my drinking and eating in town after we move , or in the bars and eateries which are already springing up in and around the ten streets area.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back