New Everton Stadium

I find this comment odd.
Why does Goodison depress you?
The club depresses me , but not the stadium which witnessed Dean , Vernon , Young and Ball .
A stadium which has seen great Everton sides win trophies.
The Bayern Munich semi
A place my forbears attended from its opening.
A stadium whose atmosphere can be considered second to none.
BMD is a wonderful piece of architecture, but it will exist for the purpose of extracting more money from the supporters for food , drink and ticket prices to maintain a , at present , Championship level side.
That is what saddens me.
A well designed necessary evil.
Just my opinion, nothing wrong with having an opinion is there?

Btw, I'm lucky enough to have witnessed the great side of the 80's.

Can't wait to move

I find this comment odd.
The club depresses me , but not the stadium which witnessed Dean , Vernon , Young and Ball .
The Bayern Munich semi
BMD is a wonderful piece of architecture, but it will exist for the purpose of extracting more money from the supporters for food , drink and ticket prices to maintain a , at present , Championship level side.
That is what saddens me.
It was a home to all those faded memories but it's tainted by the legacy of Kenwright.

BMD is a fresh start.

I find this comment odd.
The Bayern Munich semi
That is what saddens me.

Goodison is not what it was. Try sitting at the back of the lower Bullens, it’s like looking through a letterbox until everyone stands up then you can’t see anything. The toilets reek, the food outlets are well past their sell by dates, I’ve been going there for over 60 years and I cannot wait to get into BMD. History is just that, history, I want kids to see us winning things again in a proper modern stadium…..

Goodison is not what it was. Try sitting at the back of the lower Bullens, it’s like looking through a letterbox until everyone stands up then you can’t see anything. The toilets reek, the food outlets are well past their sell by dates, I’ve been going there for over 60 years and I cannot wait to get into BMD. History is just that, history, I want kids to see us winning things again in a proper modern stadium…..

The day Kendall resigned when we beat Southampton 1-0, I swear me and my mate were the only ones in the lower bullens (well there may have been about 50 or so but they were miles away)

I've always had a soft spot for the lower bullens since then.

the toilets reek 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don’t get this to be honest .
I have a pint and something to eat before the match and after the match now.
I go to the ground to watch football.
To be honest , I will do my drinking and eating in town after we move , or in the bars and eateries which are already springing up in and around the ten streets area.

But wouldn’t it be better if that money was going to the club……

I do understand the reasons and the sentiment.
Just don’t feel the same way .
The new stadium was a necessity.
And the design and location is good.
But I will miss Goodison .
And no new stadium I have been in has the atmosphere or sense of place that the old ones did.

I do understand the reasons and the sentiment.
Just don’t feel the same way .
The new stadium was a necessity.
And the design and location is good.
But I will miss Goodison .
And no new stadium I have been in has the atmosphere or sense of place that the old ones did.

We will all miss Goodison. We all miss the teams of the 60’s and 80’s, but our club before Kenwright always looked to the future and we now have the opportunity of a new future and we must embrace it or we will become a Preston North End etc…….

As someone who's never seen us win anything anyway, I cannot wait to leave goodison.

For me it's just a constant reminder of failure and bad times, reminds me of fat sam, Rafael, cuco Martina, Ashley williams, dcl and most importantly kenwright.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back