New Everton Stadium

To be fair for GA it looks like there's absolutely nothing new. I'm not hanging about before or after on a concourse with no seats or tables. They had an opportunity to deal with that but from what I've seen there's nothing so I'll continue to spend my money somewhere better.

Tbf Mick it's difficult to add tables/seats when there are 6000 people using that area. If you just add a handful as a token gesture it's only going to cause animosity and if you had decent numbers it would need to have warehouse type amount of space. If we are lucky it will have something to pop your pint/hot drink on.

Match day experience is about winning things , well the odd game would be nice 😁
Everything else is peripheral or irrelevant for me personally.
The hospitality side of the stadium holds little or no interest .
Drinking in new stadiums is a soulless experience of plastic cups and overpriced scran .But of course I realise the ‘stadium experience’ isn’t really designed for the likes of myself , it’s for those who desire and can afford the lounges and such like . It is from those people the extra revenue will emanate, hopefully.
Id like to just have some toilets where I'm not shoulder to shoulder with everyone else in a sweatbox and a seat where anyone bigger than a normal size isn't practically sharing my seat. Never mind the pillars

We've just got to ensure that our first season on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey does NOT take place in the lower leagues.

We need 18 matches like the Palace game under Frank. We, as fans, need to step up to the plate. Booing our own players... how is that going to imbue them with confidence and make them play better?
Dunno man, I cannot get behind a manager picking the likes of Mason Holgate no matter how it's dressed up. He needs to do what's best for the club and already right from the off he's put us at a disadvantage.

Tbf Mick it's difficult to add tables/seats when there are 6000 people using that area. If you just add a handful as a token gesture it's only going to cause animosity and if you had decent numbers it would need to have warehouse type amount of space. If we are lucky it will have something to pop your pint/hot drink on.
Yeah, agree, concourses should be functional first. Just think it's a shame there's no Village St style offering for GA but get that it would encroach on the lower end of the All offerings.

Think we've missed a good opportunity to really make something unique for the standard match goer.

Yeah, agree, concourses should be functional first. Just think it's a shame there's no Village St style offering for GA but get that it would encroach on the lower end of the All offerings.

Think we've missed a good opportunity to really make something unique for the standard match goer.
I've made this point several times, so forgive me for boring people, but I can't for the life of me understand why the level above the concourse which is a huge area, couldn't have been given over to being a seating area where you could go up with your pint etc. That area just sits there, looks nice but does nothing.

Id like to just have some toilets where I'm not shoulder to shoulder with everyone else in a sweatbox and a seat where anyone bigger than a normal size isn't practically sharing my seat. Never mind the pillars
747 toilets there are, I read somewhere. Seems like a huge number. They won't want us to waste any time spending a penny when we could be spending pounds.

The reality is, if they make GA areas too good, they might not be able to sell the corporate seats at the prices they need to, to cover the costs. Obviously, it will be a step up from Goodison's cramped concourses in both spacial and decor terms, and there will also be the opportunity to move around different concourses too.

Yeah totally agree there. I was hoping for something in the £1200 region that was a half way house between full and GA. So paid bar and grub, but get somewhere to sit that's a bit more relaxed and exclusive, with the added benefit of quicker service.

I think they hope fans will use the Eastern Terrace concessions for the pint and a bite sub-premium experience but I do agree there needs to be more (covered!) seating there to make it work. I can see folding event tents, plastic seats, trestle tables appearing on match days as a quick fix if the early games suggest the lack of seating is limiting commerce.

Be the best ground in the championship unless things change, teams will lift their game plying at BMD . Hope it doesn’t happen if it does cannot see a quick recovery. Get it sorted EFC.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back