New Everton Stadium

Reckon the gutter/drain system hasn't been able to cope with the amount of rain, maybe a blockage somewhere in-line, and then the water has backed up and poured in over the top of the gutter.
Nothing major to sort and the amount of water points to something along these lines.

Also there's a water capture system in place which is to be connected for use throughout the stadium and to water the pitch.
Maybe this isn't fully operational yet, with the pitch work ongoing, and maybe why the gutter/drain couldn't cope.

Very possible, however I'm still not ruling out the fact that corner sticks out beyond the roof covering (& gutter system):

Screenshot_20240930_194949_Gallery.webp

Screenshot_20240930_195022_Gallery.webp

Now I know you can get localised blockages but it seems a big coincidence that the water lines look almost exactly where it juts out, the waterway appears like it would spill out over a larger area and need to be blown back to hit that terracing wall. It is also very neat lines, if was blocked I'd expect perhaps the inside corner to be dry or at least a lighter colour and the points where it intersects to be darker.

And yes, I am that sad!

We may get a clear video that shows exactly where the water is coming from and it shows I'm totally wrong and it is from the guttering channel, but until I get proof I'm hedging my bets.

It's no biggy whatever, if it's blocked they'll sort it. If it's what I think it could be they'll cover it up from inside as per the designs.

Very possible, however I'm still not ruling out the fact that corner sticks out beyond the roof covering (& gutter system):

View attachment 275413

View attachment 275414

Now I know you can get localised blockages but it seems a big coincidence that the water lines look almost exactly where it juts out, the waterway appears like it would spill out over a larger area and need to be blown back to hit that terracing wall. It is also very neat lines, if was blocked I'd expect perhaps the inside corner to be dry or at least a lighter colour and the points where it intersects to be darker.

And yes, I am that sad!

We may get a clear video that shows exactly where the water is coming from and it shows I'm totally wrong and it is from the guttering channel, but until I get proof I'm hedging my bets.

It's no biggy whatever, if it's blocked they'll sort it. If it's what I think it could be they'll cover it up from inside as per the designs.

is this why the rain fell in?

Think we need to remember while Everton’s star isn’t shining quite so brightly atm nationally, the EPL is a Global monster, watched by 3.2 billion across 188 countries.
Add to that Friedkins personal wealth and Friedkin Groups revenues and business interests I’d be more suprised if he couldn’t pull something out of the hat (if not had something lined up already)
Yeah I take that point too. I think it's a tough call on naming rights though. It's not a lack of interest but Spurs havent got a naming partner still. Clearly they don't feel their value has been met.

PL status can only do so much, as reflected by our shirt sponsorship and other deals.

I think we'll do ok but not spectacularly as there is a ceiling there. It's income we wouldn't have previously. It will be fascinating to see the profile of company that emerges eventually as the naming partner. And can TFG do anything to bolster the level of interest.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back