New Everton Stadium

I've been watching the building of the stadium obsessively almost everyday on YouTube since it started and the engineering that's gone into it is remarkable. The stadium itself is an absolute thing of beauty and although I'm gonna miss Goodison it's time to move on. I was already in love with Everton when my grandad first took me there in 1968 to a night game and from the moment I walked into the stand to be met by the blueness of the seats and metal work and greeness of the pitch under the lights I was mesmerised and my love affair became an obsession. The memories from that moment on, will stay with me forever. But I'm really excited about moving to our new home. The only thing I would have liked to have seen built at the new place is some kind of structure that resembled prince Ruperts tower. Either a replica or a modernised version, in either the east plaza or by the water front. But thats just a personal thing. Otherwise I've no complaints about the place whatsoever.

So, we'll have ticketing info sooner rather than later I was thinking about safe standing and/or increased capacity.

For the south lower, will they sell the safe seating with a caveat that should the law change then their spec will change (as in less room not the actual location)? If they are really serious about increasing the capacity of that area shouldn't they be making people aware?

And I think all the south stand should be standing personally, so on a similar theme will those in the upper be sold seats with a warning it may become a safe standing area (I know there's currently no plans for this)? This second point could easily be directed to the north lower also.

Just thinking if any of those scenarios happened it may be difficult to move people who didn't like the change(s) elsewhere.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back