Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a very good time to get a long overdue clean sheet today. I think whoever scores first will not lose and will probably win. Newcastle are not prolific scorers and I think that theme will continue even with their new acquisitions
JP usually has some class of a wobble against them, invariably away from home too. Here's hoping for no repeat later.

The good news is that Newcastle have the 17th worst home record this season, the bad news is that Everton have the 18th worst away record.

Got 2-2 written all over this one.

I am buzzing. My first game of the season. Up in the rafters. New manager. New signings. On the back of a win after a good performance with lots of goals.

One of the last games I got to was the Newcastle away game under Allardyce which was a dismal performance despite the win via a Rooney tap in.

I cannot wait to see us actually attempt to play football.

UTFT!

I don't think we should start with the two new signings, bed them in.
I agree.
Start with the team against Brentford (with Mina in for the injured Godders.)
We would have a strong bench to make any changes when required. Saturday was probably our best performance yet this season and would be risky changing it up.
IF certain players revert to type then Frank would have plenty of options.

I agree.
We would have a strong bench to make any changes when required. Saturday was probably our best performance yet this season and would be risky changing it up.
My only concern is the fitness of Gomes. I'd bring him off the bench instead. But I think the team will be exactly as you say. Strong options off the bench which is unheard of for us.

I agree.
Apologies… I see that this has been stated a number of times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back