Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go 4231 I think.

Pickford
Coleman Coady Tarkowski Myko
Gana Garner
Gordon Onana Gray
Maupay

I think Maupay needs someone like Onana to play off. Should give us an obvious out ball too. Defensively I'd just ask Onana to chase Guimaraes all game and bring iwobi on when he starts to tire.

Stop Guimaraes and you stop Newcastle. (except for Trippier set pieces, just hope for a bit of luck there!)
Liking this formation.

They'll 'kin batter Everton and we know it.

Two joke clubs like Spurs and Newcastle who've won the league about once between them in the last 70 years are queuing up to dispatch this pop gun Everton team as the relegation fighting outfit they are.

We've took our foot off the gas pedal and reverted back to being a meek collective. I hoped for better in our last couple of games.
They need to sort out what's what on the pitch battle for the points. Don't want a sorry Everton post-mortem on Thursday with a rally cry for the game
on Saturday, they need to be up for the game on Wednesday and start hitting the bleeding target. No 5 at the back.

I'd go 4231 I think.

Pickford
Coleman Coady Tarkowski Myko
Gana Garner
Gordon Onana Gray
Maupay

I think Maupay needs someone like Onana to play off. Should give us an obvious out ball too. Defensively I'd just ask Onana to chase Guimaraes all game and bring iwobi on when he starts to tire.

Stop Guimaraes and you stop Newcastle. (except for Trippier set pieces, just hope for a bit of luck there!)
Onana playing upfront, but also man marking Guimaraes.

I hope he's been doing some fitness work ?

Newcastle havnt been as good in their recent games as their results suggest. Against Bournemouth at home they looked toothless. Against Fulham they played against 10 men the whole match and against Brentford they were gifted at least 3 of their goals and ended with 5 goals from 1.5 xp which was only 0.4xp more than Brentford.

They are just another non big 6 team like us where they are all about as good as each other at the moment. I think it will likely be a very close game going either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back