Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report, MotM Poll & more waffle

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inappropriate Language
I really hope Danjuma is nearly fit to play.

Our wingers have to be the poorest in the league. McNeil is too slow, Harrison just concedes possession 90% of the time.

I rate McNeil but not in a winger role. He is skilfull (with his lefty) but seems more suited centrally

We have to stop playing so narrow as teams just play wider and switch play more often against us leaving us open to an abundance of crosses. Tarks seems to have lead in his boots recently and can't jump. With the abundance of allowed crosses coming in we need Pickford to step up and collect or punch.

We are a real mess of a system but Dyche just persists. Unwanted record of no wins in 13 games is damning. I know we have some sh!te players but he should be doing better.

Godfrey is the only option - won't be expecting seamus to play 3 games in 10 days and Patterson is dead to dyche..

Least Godfrey makes a few last ditch tackles - bit of speed - rubbish going fwd.
Patterson not doing much going fwd and couldn't defend a scarecrow.
I agree basically, but Godfrey is really poor in the full back position. I am not saying he is any good as a CB as I don't think he is even good as a CB. I was so frustrated at the cross field passes/crosses that he could not read and timidly allowed them to receive. He might have speed but the speed of thought is not in his game. He is so slow to anticipate that a player has already got 2 or 3 yards advantage.

He is garbage

I agree basically, but Godfrey is really poor in the full back position. I am not saying he is any good as a CB as I don't think he is even good as a CB. I was so frustrated at the cross field passes/crosses that he could not read and timidly allowed them to receive. He might have speed but the speed of thought is not in his game. He is so slow to anticipate that a player has already got 2 or 3 yards advantage.

He is garbage
I’m glad it’s not just be that sees this.

He is our weakest link, and that’s a hell of a statement with our players!!