Next 4 league fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more confident for the Arsenal home game than I am for the Luton and Bournemouth ones.

Arsenal's record at Goodison in recent times is something else, it's certainly the new Stoke away for them on the calendar as they simply don't like playing here.

18/19- Lost 1-0 inbetween europa matches.

19/20- Arteta and Carlo's first match with both watching from the stands. 0-0 with barely anything happening.

20/21- 2-1 win in the lockdown season.

21/22- Probably the sole height point of FSW reign, excellent 2-1 win with that last minute Gray screamer. Was deserved aswell when you think of the goals previously that were disallowed by narrow VAR calls.

22/23- Last season was very much Dyche first game bounce but a solid defensive performance and then Tarks gets in a free header from corner. Thought they'd be a bit more of that to win games in following six months but can't have everything.

So for that alone can't rule out getting something especially as it's on the back of international week and Arsenal had players all over the planet so will see if they all come back fit.

Pro.png

Now the bad eggs have left the club we should be fine
Lampard did an interview recently where he was quoted as saying there were a number of ‘bar lower ears’ which was interpreted as their influence being so negative that is was contagious.

Without personalising, definitely one and perhaps two were removed during the latest window. Let’s hope there are no more.

It feels like every time over the last two seasons where there’s been a ‘must win game’ or a ‘we’ll get relegated if we don’t get x points’ run of games we’ve failed to win/get the required points and still haven’t been relegated…

6 is the minimum, anything higher than that and we've done well. Kind of glad it's Arsenal at Goodison next, less expectation to win and we can make it more of a siege mentality

Arsenal at home
Brentford away
Luton home
Bournemouth home.

We have to get 7 points from those games or we will be nailed on for relegation.

Minimum 2 home wins has to be non-negotiable. Arsenal will be tough but I could see us getting something. Brentford away you never know with them. The other two though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.