Next 4 league fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 20/21 we got beat by 3 of the 4 bottom teams at home and finished 10th with 55 points. The following season we got beat by 3 of the bottom 7 at home (I added another one in as we finished in the bottom 6 ourselves) Last season we lost 2 and drew 1 and also lost to Wolves who were one place above the bottom 7, but who you'll agree that until the last few weeks were also locked in the relegation battle. Over the past 3 seasons we have been beaten 6 times at home by teams who were eventually relegated.

Obviously it makes it much more difficult for us, but getting beat at home by the teams around you doesn't automatically mean that you are down.

The away form (due to the unique nature of BCD) was very very good though. 5 away wins by Boxing day and 11 by end of season. That's actually top 4 good.

Nowadays it's just two away a season, usually a Brighton type fluke and then grinding out a win at another bottom six team.

I actually think Sheffield United was the type that would've been won in previous seasons so very worrying the team generally had control but still quickly went 2-1 down and then needed a world class double save to just get a point.

If all you're winning away is two games you obviously need to be regularly picking up points at home even if it's only draws to begin with (and a point v Arsenal would certainly be a good result).

Do you think we would be nailed on if we got 4?

No. I think it will be the lowest total to stay up in PL history this season, and the 3 promoted teams look way off it.

Dyche's teams typically get better through a season, and hes got worse teams out of holes.

We would probably be out of the bottom 3 with 4 points.

I dont think we will be nailed on down after 3 games. We the season will be a long struggle, almost irrespective of the next 4 games.

Yes I agree I should have said 6/7 points.
7 points would give us 8 after 8 games ( 5 of which were relatively easy) which just about puts us on track to stay up.

I mean, 38 points will be comfortable safe. I honestly think it might be 30 to be safe this season. So I will not over analyse until we are at least half way through. We had 15 from 20 last season and stayed up, having tougher fixtures left.

We do not have unrealistic expectations.

However, and this is just my opinion, if we keep Dyche we go down.
What are your expectations?

Did Dyche not keep us up with the joke of a squad he inherited? He has now had a window and 4 matches, is that enough to disqualify him already?

It’s just my opinion but an another new manager, another new game plan/non game plan is just not what we need. Run it out and let the chips fall where they may.

It’s been the same routine now for years and clearly it has not worked changing every 6-8 months.

family-feud-survey-says.gif

Have said elsewhere, six is the minimum for me, seven the target, eight plus would be v good. I think we will get six plus.

Three or less is a poor return from those games and Dyche needs binning if that's the best he can come up with.
Yes, a massive month and a few wins are needed in the next few games.

I hope Everton show up at Brentford and atone for Sundays very poor display where they battle put a glove on Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.