• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Next England Manager - POLL

Who would you like to see as the next England Manager

• Eddie Howe

• Lee Carsley

• Mauricio Pochettino

• Thomas Tuchel

• Jurgen Klopp

• Ralf Rangnick

• Pep Guardiola

• Frank Lampard

• Steven Gerrard

• Michael Carrick

• Jose Mourinho

• Sean Dyche

• Gary O'Neil

• Brendan Rogers

• David Moyes

• Davek

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd be going for Lee Carsley.

The fella wants the job. He's turned down countless roles.

He's got the same professionalism as Southgate; however, he's got more of an attacking drive. If he can get it to gel he could be a massive coup.

However, and I mean this in every sense... sadly, it'll be Potter. Who'll bring more of the same.

He's got the same professionalism as Southgate; however, he's got more of an attacking drive. If he can get it to gel he could be a massive coup.

However, and I mean this in every sense... sadly, it'll be Potter. Who'll bring more of the same.
Potter is the English Martinez. Last person we need

Potter could not be any further away from Southgate in terms of playing style and tactical knowledge, how would it be the same?

I worry for the next manager. I think the press will be hounding him from the start, like they always used to with England managers. They’ve taken Southgate’s departure very poorly across the board, he had a free pass off them for 8 years unlike many other England managers before him due to him being an FA and media-approved man. Just sat and listened to that Kaveh fella on SSN ranting for about 10 minutes about how we’re going to miss him and be calling for him back when it all goes wrong, a narrative is being seeded. Hopefully the new man can shut out the noise from the media hyenas.

I worry for the next manager. I think the press will be hounding him from the start, like they always used to with England managers. They’ve taken Southgate’s departure very poorly across the board, he had a free pass off them for 8 years unlike many other England managers before him due to him being an FA and media-approved man. Just sat and listened to that Kaveh fella on SSN ranting for about 10 minutes about how we’re going to miss him and be calling for him back when it all goes wrong, a narrative is being seeded. Hopefully the new man can shut out the noise from the media hyenas.
For those reasons I nominate, Gerrard, S. Just for a miserable 6 months, enough to be flayed by the slavering pack.

Potter could not be any further away from Southgate in terms of playing style and tactical knowledge, how would it be the same?

Personally, I think Potter is incredibly overrated and his tactics aren't as great as everyone harps on about

Potter a lovely fella in same sense as Southgate, completely inoffensive, nice guy. Proved at Chelsea he couldn't handle the heat.

As its 100% going to be him, I'd love to be proven wrong. Just don't see us having the cutting edge to get over the line with Potter, there will always be something missing, which is why it'll be more of the same.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back