• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Next England Manager - POLL

Who would you like to see as the next England Manager

• Eddie Howe

• Lee Carsley

• Mauricio Pochettino

• Thomas Tuchel

• Jurgen Klopp

• Ralf Rangnick

• Pep Guardiola

• Frank Lampard

• Steven Gerrard

• Michael Carrick

• Jose Mourinho

• Sean Dyche

• Gary O'Neil

• Brendan Rogers

• David Moyes

• Davek

Results are only viewable after voting.

I don’t know Carsley’s management abilities.

Potter was an abject failure at Chelsea, and has zero international experience.

I’d love us to fetch Pottecino over, same with Klopp (who I think would pretty much guarantee a trophy), but doubt we’ll go foreign.

So with all that said, I reckon Howe would be the best realistic option, despite his lack of international experience too.

Howe with Carsley on the staff for that FA continuity is a nice shout.

I don’t know Carsley’s management abilities.

Potter was an abject failure at Chelsea, and has zero international experience.

I’d love us to fetch Pottecino over, same with Klopp (who I think would pretty much guarantee a trophy), but doubt we’ll go foreign.

So with all that said, I reckon Howe would be the best realistic option, despite his lack of international experience too.

Howe with Carsley on the staff for that FA continuity is a nice shout.
Would like to see Carsley get it, just for this reason. My only concern is whether he could handle the media, because if he cant they will soon turn on him.

Would like to see Carsley get it, just for this reason. My only concern is whether he could handle the media, because if he cant they will soon turn on him.
It's got to be someone who is capable of dealing with the English sports media. I think Potters style is probably best suited towards that group of players in terms of how they play for their clubs but I doubt whether he can handle the media. Howe is good with the media but his teams are very direct and bully the opposition, they are big teams whereas you look at the England team now and there are a few short arses in it, I can see a few players now involved who may not play under someone like Howe. Ideal appointment for me would be someone like Ancelotti, knows the country, knows the league, knows the players, and he is an out and out winner.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back