• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Next England Manager - POLL

Who would you like to see as the next England Manager

• Eddie Howe

• Lee Carsley

• Mauricio Pochettino

• Thomas Tuchel

• Jurgen Klopp

• Ralf Rangnick

• Pep Guardiola

• Frank Lampard

• Steven Gerrard

• Michael Carrick

• Jose Mourinho

• Sean Dyche

• Gary O'Neil

• Brendan Rogers

• David Moyes

• Davek

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have convinced myself that Pep is well up for it, would see it as a real challenge to make history and white wash his reputation when the poo hits the City fan and would mean he doesn't have to piss about moving to another country

Failing that, I am very interested in what Carsley would do and assuming the big names respect him, think he could take us forward while not staying from the good things Gareth did

I have convinced myself that Pep is well up for it, would see it as a real challenge to make history and white wash his reputation when the poo hits the City fan and would mean he doesn't have to piss about moving to another country

Failing that, I am very interested in what Carsley would do and assuming the big names respect him, think he could take us forward while not staying from the good things Gareth did

Personally, I think Pep leaves City and he retires.

He's got nothing to prove to anyone. Would he really be able to implement his style, when he meets up with players 5-6 times a year, for a week?

Pipe Dream, just don't see why International Football would appeal to him.

Potter was an abject failure at Chelsea, and has zero international experience.

I’d love us to fetch Pottecino over, same with Klopp (who I think would pretty much guarantee a trophy), but doubt we’ll go foreign.
They also don't have international experience though?

A lot of the times you don't need to have it and you don't need to be a proven success in a "long term" role - you don't work with these players daily, you see them a few times a year and you go watch games for free trying to figure out how to incorporate them all together.

Sylvinho got Albania to the EUROs proper, and he's been more or less a failure in his managerial career.

Personally, I think Pep leaves City and he retires.

He's got nothing to prove to anyone. Would he really be able to implement his style, when he meets up with players 5-6 times a year, for a week?

Pipe Dream, just don't see why International Football would appeal to him.

He might want to have a go at international level before retiring. He’s a very intelligent guy he might be able to adapt to it. He played plenty at international level so he knows how it is

I've gone for Howe as a young, inspiring English manager...and acknowledged Everton fan.

However, would love Klippity (although UEFA/FIFA might raise an eyebrow as to why he picks so many players with late onset Asthma) if only to stick two fingers up at the 'we are Scouse not English' rabid cultists across the park. Their heads would well and truly fall off 🤣

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back