• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Next England Manager - POLL

Who would you like to see as the next England Manager

• Eddie Howe

• Lee Carsley

• Mauricio Pochettino

• Thomas Tuchel

• Jurgen Klopp

• Ralf Rangnick

• Pep Guardiola

• Frank Lampard

• Steven Gerrard

• Michael Carrick

• Jose Mourinho

• Sean Dyche

• Gary O'Neil

• Brendan Rogers

• David Moyes

• Davek

Results are only viewable after voting.
England need someone that knows how to win tournamnets, thats it really.

Some roothless dude thats picked up trophies for fun.

Its Jose.

They also don't have international experience though?

A lot of the times you don't need to have it and you don't need to be a proven success in a "long term" role - you don't work with these players daily, you see them a few times a year and you go watch games for free trying to figure out how to incorporate them all together.

Sylvinho got Albania to the EUROs proper, and he's been more or less a failure in his managerial career.

They’ve managed at Champions League level, which is international at club level - playing teams from different countries, different cultures, different approaches etc.

They’ve managed at Champions League level, which is international at club level - playing teams from different countries, different cultures, different approaches etc.
Yeah again, so?

Club football isn't like internationals anyway - you're either a good coach or not. Quite a few examples of meh club coaches being great national coaches exactly because of that.

Anyway, the problem is that whoever else is next won't be making logical choices either as certain players have to play, etc.

Someone please tell me this is BS. One of my colleagues told me today that Potter is still receiving £200,000 per week off Chelsea and has been since he was sacked and will continue to collect his wage until November. Any wonder he hasn't been in a hurry to get back to work?

Someone please tell me this is BS. One of my colleagues told me today that Potter is still receiving £200,000 per week off Chelsea and has been since he was sacked and will continue to collect his wage until November. Any wonder he hasn't been in a hurry to get back to work?
Bloody hell Potter.

FA CEO and Technical Director have been granted approval by the FA board to appoint a foreign candidate. Tuchel and Poch being the favourites.

Wasn't Koeman being paid by Everton aswel after he was sacked. Almost sure even after he took another job

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back