Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why you have gone "all in" on this guy, its like he is a top manager and the perfect man, he has been at Hull and Watford and linked with WBA and Saints, that alone tells its own story, a bang average bottom half of the table manager and nothing more
Because we cant attract anything better.

He's a tactically astute manager with a discernible style that isn't bad to watch at all.

Do you think a top class manager is going to put pen to paper for Sam Hammam MkII?

Interesting point d man.

I have no idea what we could get. We can definitely offer an overly decent wedge. But we are also a complete mess.

I can’t pick.

Silva isn’t for me though.

Realistically the salary would have to be increased to about 8 or 9 million to get a top coach into the club to clear up this disaster zone and commit to building a team.

Realistically the salary would have to be increased to about 8 or 9 million to get a top coach into this club to clear up this disaster zone and commit to building a team.

Depending on who it is I wouldn’t be opposed to doing that. But they’d actually have to make the players not down tools AGAIN when things don’t go well.

Depending on who it is I wouldn’t be opposed to doing that. But they’d actually have to make the players not down tools AGAIN when things don’t go well.
I'd have absolutely no qualms in making our new manager the highest paid in world football... as long as he's one of the top coaches in Europe and, most importantly, a serial winner.

It's what this club desperately needs above all else. We'll never be successful without one.

Because we cant attract anything better.

He's a tactically astute manager with a discernible style that isn't bad to watch at all.

Do you think a top class manager is going to put pen to paper for Sam Hammam MkII?

If he is tactically astute why dosent any decent side want him? Why did Watford see they had to sack him? He is only linked with the bottom 8 or 10 sides inc Everton at the time

I know what you mean about top class manager and Everton, however we do have money to spend and the basis of a decent squad when there fully fit, for me the main thing putting us off a better manager is Walsh, get that idiot out and we might have a shot at someone decent

It needs a complete clear out for that.

The thing that amuses me is that there are people on here who bemoan the fact we have a clique of players who down tools under successive managers and force their own agenda...but scream blue murder if you advocate getting shut of players like Baines and Jagielka who are at the centre of the intrigue. Ridiculous.

This summer the very first job of any manager who comes in has to be to place both those two on the transfer list and get them out.

If he is tactically astute why dosent any decent side want him? Why did Watford see they had to sack him? He is only linked with the bottom 8 or 10 sides inc Everton at the time

I know what you mean about top class manager and Everton, however we do have money to spend and the basis of a decent squad when there fully fit, for me the main thing putting us off a better manager is Walsh, get that idiot out and we might have a shot at someone decent
Aren't Benfica reportedly after him?

Fonseca is the obvious choice, but I'd go for Arteta before Silva all day long, as long as the set up within the club gave him the chance to operate. He may lack management exprience, but he also has no experience of relegation, unlike Silva. And for those who say a manager should first cut his teeth in the lower leagues, fair enough, Howard Kendall managed to promote Blackburn from the old 3rd division to the 2nd before getting the Everton job, which would be the equivalent to employing Paul Cook if he gets Wigan promoted. Don't think there'll be a clamour for him like.

Yup. We would need lots of onetouch experts who always make themselves available for a pass. That's the modern way.
Is it "do-able"?

Now you’re asking.

Not too late for some of our younger players like Baningime, Kenny and Lookman.

Rooney perhaps but getting on; Coleman too. Of the defenders, probably Holgate.

As for the rest, we’ve no chance (Walcot will spend more time side-lined and I’m still not sure about Klaassen adapting to the Premiership).

A world class manager is required to make this happen with a budget to match their ambitions. Problem is, I’m not sure whether Moshiri is wealthy enough to make it possible. Sell, sell, sell (preferably to the Arabs)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back