Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think some of you quite understand the mess we are in. We lost a centre forward we were dependent on in the summer and failed to replace him, even with a poor imitation.

We are in many respects, in a similar situation to what Spurs were in after they sacked Ramos in 2008. After 4 years of managers brought in from overseas, they were staring relegation in the face. They brought in Redknapp and within 18 months they had qualified for the champions league.

I am not for one minute suggesting we should appoint Redknapp, just highlighting that when Spurs were in a similar position they didn't gamble on an untested manager, their number one priority was retaining their premier league status. That has to be our number one priority.

Right now Tuchel would be a massive gamble. No premier league experience, a squad that is so unbalanced and don't forget he was sacked from his last job.

After Koeman, we need a manager who gets Everton, would want to be here for the long term and would not see himself as being bigger than the club. That rules out Ancelotti.

An unfashionable domestic manager, showing promise elsewhere is probably what we need right now.

Everton don't bring in football giants, we make them.

I think the opposite, some posters are overstating the seriousness of the situation right now when I reality it’s all very, very tight, despite us being absolutely dreadful and we’re 2 wins off being in a European place.

Whoever we appoint will be a lot better than the totally inept Koeman.

With 3 decent additions in the correct areas this good squad will become very good and a decent manager will get a good tune out of them. It’s important we appoint for the future and not a short term panic appointment cause we happen to be joint 15th in what’s a very tight league today.

Tuchal, Silva or Fonseca for me, all of which have question marks over them but potentially a much higher ceiling than many of the other names being bandied about.

Everton could back themselves into a corner giving Unsworth the next two weeks and four games, what if, much like at Leicester with Shakespeare, he does really well but isn't the boards preferred option?

If he wins a few games, are they really going to say "cheers, David. Now off you pop back to the u23's"

Phil Neville is interested in the vacant managerial position at his former club Everton.
4423016.webp

Everton could back themselves into a corner giving Unsworth the next two weeks and four games, what if, much like at Leicester with Shakespeare, he does really well but isn't the boards preferred option?

If he wins a few games, are they really going to say "cheers, David. Now off you pop back to the u23's"

All caretaker managers who get a job after doing ok a few games get sacked. So that answers your question!

Dyche is a decent manager but considering we wanted to show ambition as a club spending a lot of money in the summer and the possible ground move, Dyche isn't really the manager we should be looking at. Seems a bit backwards to be honest. Aim higher. Surely we can attract better.

The class of ‘92 really do believe their own hype, don’t they? And look at the way EFC are perceived by the media as the perfect laboratory. Laughable on all fronts.

We look an utter shambles so I hope Unsworth wins the next 4 games just to get the season going.
Would be a fairytale for David to come in and deliver the success we all crave. I will certainly back him but understand the reservations of a full time appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back