Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can one of the pro unsworth posters please tell me what you have seen in these 4 games that tells you he’s the man?
Also please consider what you’ve seen in these 4 games, selection wise

Like everyone else I was buzzing with the penalty and win against Watford, but I had an eerie feeling of foreboding as the camera panned to Unsworth and Bill, fistpumping and basically blowing kisses to each other.

He hasn't done anything to earn this job, the results and performances have been absolutely terrible.

In normal circumstances I’d give Unsworth a go, I.e. if we were in mid table with a bit of a cushion. There is plenty I like, he knows the club inside out, been successful at the level he has been tested at, has a genuine love for the club and something not many have picked up on is he is committed to youth and transitioning those players into the first team on Sunday we had Kenny, DCL, Lookman, Benny Bigtime, Davies all on the pitch at certain points. Really only Dowell was missing from the World Cup winning team.

In reality though if he gets it in the current context I think it’s risky, it’s far from my first choice and I will be concerned if he gets it. He has got the team relatively up for a few games but can he do it week in week out in his first job in the PL. Young players will peak and dip, he will have to turn to senior and more established players in the squad at some point. While for us to get out of this we need someone who will maximize the players ability we have in a very skilled way, whether he can do that at this early stage in career is debatable.

Huge risk in my opinion and I wouldn’t do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back