Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In removing RK, you would have hoped at least two potential managers had been sounded out with Unsworth holding the reigns for a limited period until one said yes. The timelines that should have been planned and built in should have been to have a new face in place by the end of week one of the international break (tomorrow) so that they new guy had his feet under the desk, meet the players and start planning a week ahead of the first game. Given that somebody is not in place, my guess is that Unsy will keep the role to Christmas with further discussions going on so somebody will join for the transfer window. I don't think results will influence Unsworth getting the job permanently BUT if there is a damaging run of losses, it will accelerate the process to get the selected one on board - and probably mean giving them a more lucrative deal.

Gut feel, is that we won't see either Dyche or Allardyce here (nor Simeone!) but wouldn't be surprised to see someone from:

Silva
Hiddink
Rodgers (when CL games over)

I had hoped the same when we sold Lukaku. Sadly our board hasn’t proven to be very intuitive

I really want Tuchel (well Simeone but that seems like more of a pipe dream)... the issue I seem to be having is why it would be taking so long to appoint a manager which is out of contract, or in interim charge - if they really wanted them?

Ignoring the betting lines as they change daily and panic ensues, there needs to be a clear comms from the club in what we are doing, looking for and how we are moving forward with it. wink wink Social Manager @ EFC, make it so.

Unless, its really taking so long because we are negotiating with Ath Madrid on a package to release our Diego.......................

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - unless its a manager, in which case we will take what ever we can get.

Do one Everton.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - unless its a manager, in which case we will take what ever we can get.

Do one Everton.

Think this is why this appointment for me is massively important in the Moshiri reign.. bad choice he'll very likely not recover (Big Sam), good ambitious choice will set the tone for what he wants.

“We have great fans and they deserve better. We know the honest and objective expectations of our supporters and will not let them down.".... His own words... Nil Satis Nisi Optimum is what we expect....

Not Big Sam Nil Satis No Ambition......

Unless it’s a transfer, or an official site, or a match stream, or a kit, or a...

Come to think of it what part of us is even the best?
Everton in the Community, Defo. Some ridiculous marketing award, social media 'impressions'.

I was eager to see Unsworth given a chance but he's failed his audition miserably. The obvious first step was to stop shiping goals by making the team a strong defensive unit.
Instead we conceeded 2 to Chelsea reserves. 2 to fellow strugglers Leicester being torn open due to a naieve set up. 3 to Lyon and, despite a brilliant comeback, 2 goals and a penalty at home to Watford.
Appointing Unsworth until season end would be the most reckless boardroom decision I've seen in my life as an Evertonian.

Uncertainty and short-termism are both very dangerous in our position. Fundamentally they reflect division and lack of leadership, and it is a case of chickens coming home to roost for this regime. More specifically, the club is being asked to bear the cost of maintaining Bill's ego as Chairman and board member when the correct and unselfish thing to do would have been to stand aside, with Elstone, on Moshiri's arrival.

Our position is precarious. Absolute horror potentially awaits if we go into the Christmas period and beyond in the bottom three, or looking over our shoulder.

We likely still will be to a certain extent, and there is no magic wand in our position (other than some money and inspiration in January) but the club should be looking to make a permanent appointment now, agreed.

Sunday's win was great, but there is no doubting the consistently pitiful and shambolic performances all season. We were perhaps due a bit of luck but we may have received a seasons worth in that match alone.

There is probably room to give Unsworth another 4-5 league games but if it's down to him and Allardyce (though I cannot see why the club cannot be more imaginative and extend their search), Sam might well tell us where to stick it in a month's time. He could not be blamed in that scenario. If that happens who do we turn to then? Any prospective candidate will hardly feel they are top of our wish-list.

My gut instinct is to apply a safety-first approach. Simeone isn't coming here, nor is Tuchel. Allardyce is far from the ideal appointment as we have discussed at length, but if comes down to a simple choice I would rather Everton maintain our proud PL and Top-Flight status under his management (whilst accepting that nobody can offer a guarantee) than the catastrophe of relegation. We have to look at the reality and look at our problems square in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back