Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most you're assuming he's not good enough. As has been said before, Unsworth has had a lot of games in quick succession with barely enough time to get to know some of the players and have a good number of training sessions.

If given the job and decent amount of time this season I still think he could do a good job.
If we give him the job say till January, we have 10 league games, 2 difficult, 8 we should be looking to take points from. If it goes wrong in this period and we are bottom 3 and points adrift then we are really going to have a problem trying to get some one in like big Sam as he may think that even he couldn't save us.
We are obviously going to need to buy in Jan but who is going to join us if we are struggling under a manager that may not survive that long, hypothetical I know but I am really worried, any one know if the job has actually been advertised this time as we only seem to be speaking about 4 people at present?

Ok, Guardiola? Zidane? Both complete novices both had success with groups of players that eluded world class coaches such as Ancelotti Mourinho Rijkaard and Martino.
Mate your talking 2 international class players, one of which was indisputably the actual best player in the world and will go down as one of the top 10 midfielders ever, and Real Madrid and Barcelona with all the embarrassment of riches that comes with those clubs.

So no, you cannot use Zidane and Pep and Real Madrid and Barca as examples as means to justify any argument with the managerial situation at Everton.

Last edited:
Why didn’t he pick the right teams in those 4 games?
Sunday.....what the hell was that?
Rooney left wing
Sigurdson right wing
Tell me why?

Im not advocating Rhino gets the job here but,

With the players we have available right now, anybody will struggle to pick a well balanced side.

This has been caused by , in my opinion, complete negligence by our previous manager, our esteemed DOF and the board.

We are in a very dodgy position at the moment.

If we stay with a temporary manager until the summer, will he be given the Millions needed in January to get us the 3/4 players we need, i.e 2 strikers, 1 centre half and 1 left back?

And, will those players want to sign for a team, who will be looking to change their manager, again, 6 months down the line?

Right now we need stability.

We need to make a permanent appointment, NOW.

We need that permanent appointment to come in and instill some confidence into our fragile defence, to have the balls, to make some tough calls regarding our miriad of NO.10's and identify whom he wants to sign in January and get Walsh of his ar@e and go out earn his money.

I don't know who that permanent appointment is

and sadly i don't think the board do either.

At first I thought give unsy a chance but in the 4 games he has been in charge all that I have taken from them is that his tactics and team selections are a little eccentric to say the least. It's for this reason that for me it's got to be somebody else. If we had lost all 4 but setup like we had a plan and played players in their best positions then I may have still said keep him but as he didn't he needs to move either back to the u23's or be assistant to the new boss and learn the ropes properly at this level.

Unsworth will end up causing a situation where the club is forced to bow to Allardyce's demands further down the line. It will become desperate.

There are better freebie options available, but you knew that there was no interest in those as soon as the Simeone smokescreen was floated.

Not one person at boardroom level has a modicum of football knowledge; least of all the so-called 'director of'.

Unsworth will end up causing a situation where the club is forced to bow to Allardyce's demands further down the line. It will become desperate.

There are better freebie options available, but you knew that there was no interest in those as soon as the Simeone smokescreen was floated.

Not one person at boardroom level has a modicum of football knowledge; least of all the so-called 'director of'.
What they're hoping is that Unsworth will do a job until the end of the season but the knives are already being sharpened for him and I give it 2/3 losses max and us in the drop zone before the pressure becomes too great and as you say they'll cave in to Allardyce's extortion.

I did say that there would be no announcement yesterday.

God knows how long it’s going to take.

The longer it drags on the more it looks like Unsworth till the end of the season.

Im not advocating Rhino gets the job here but,

With the players we have available right now, anybody will struggle to pick a well balanced side.

This has been caused by , in my opinion, complete negligence by our previous manager, our esteemed DOF and the board.

We are in a very dodgy position at the moment.

If we stay with a temporary manager until the summer, will he be given the Millions needed in January to get us the 3/4 players we need, i.e 2 strikers, 1 centre half and 1 left back?

And, will those players want to sign for a team, who will be looking to change their manager, again, 6 months down the line?

Right now we need stability.

We need to make a permanent appointment, NOW.

We need that permanent appointment to come in and instill some confidence into our fragile defence, to have the balls, to make some tough calls regarding our miriad of NO.10's and identify whom he wants to sign in January and get Walsh of his ar@e and go out earn his money.

I don't know who that permanent appointment is

and sadly i don't think the board do either.

That is where Walsh really should be doing his job. Chelsea buy players even when they have caretaker managers or interim ones. They are able to sell the club rather than the manager to the point where it is almost irrelevant who is in charge of them, top players will still join. We need to get to that point, doesn’t help when you’re in a relegation scrap of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back