Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we want from a new manager?
Ideally someone along the lines of a new Pochettino?

But who on here can honestly say they would have chosen him after he was sacked after 9 points from 13 games for Espanyol?

So no manager is perfect and no choice is a guarantee of success, so let's look at the candidates.

UNSWORTH. Frankly if he was at any other club and we were considering their under 23 manager with a handful of poor premiership games under his belt we would't be going within a thousand miles of him. Harsh but this consideration is based on sentiment only.

DYCHE. Would do a fair job and get the team organised, especially in defence however no European experience. Expect mid table steadiness/mediocrity.

ALLARDYCE. heavily disliked by the fans. Failed at his only test at a reasonably big club. May well do an adequate job until end of season but by reports seems to have rejected that idea.

HOWE. Read Dyche, but maybe more expansive at the cost of defence. Shades of Martinez.

SINEONE. Fair shout, but he will bide his time until one of the current top six jobs becomes available, probably Arsenal or Chelsea.

TUCHEL. The jury's out. Inherited a good side at Dortmund but didn't pull up any trees. However his previous spell at Mainz was at bit troubling. He finished his Mainz career with a record of 72 wins, 46 draws, and 64 losses. A win percentage of 39%. He later said of his decision to leave the club: "I couldn’t see how we could reinvent ourselves once more the coming summer." This does not bode well.....

SILVA. European and Champions league experience. Has won trophies at different clubs. Has not had a significantly poor spell at any of his clubs. Tactically aware in the premiership. Has proved he can beat top 6 teams. Gets the best out of mediocre players. Has an average win percentage from all his clubs of 53%.

By the way, Pochettino's average win percentage from all his clubs is 43%

You can guess my preferred choice but an exact science this is not.

But who on here can honestly say they would have chosen him after he was sacked after 9 points from 13 games for Espanyol?

So no manager is perfect and no choice is a guarantee of success, so let's look at the candidates.

UNSWORTH. Frankly if he was at any other club and we were considering their under 23 manager with a handful of poor premiership games under his belt we would't be going within a thousand miles of him. Harsh but this consideration is based on sentiment only.

DYCHE. Would do a fair job and get the team organised, especially in defence however no European experience. Expect mid table steadiness/mediocrity.

ALLARDYCE. heavily disliked by the fans. Failed at his only test at a reasonably big club. May well do an adequate job until end of season but by reports seems to have rejected that idea.

HOWE. Read Dyche, but maybe more expansive at the cost of defence. Shades of Martinez.

SINEONE. Fair shout, but he will bide his time until one of the current top six jobs becomes available, probably Arsenal or Chelsea.

TUCHEL. The jury's out. Inherited a good side at Dortmund but didn't pull up any trees. However his previous spell at Mainz was at bit troubling. He finished his Mainz career with a record of 72 wins, 46 draws, and 64 losses. A win percentage of 39%. He later said of his decision to leave the club: "I couldn’t see how we could reinvent ourselves once more the coming summer." This does not bode well.....

SILVA. European and Champions league experience. Has won trophies at different clubs. Has not had a significantly poor spell at any of his clubs. Tactically aware in the premiership. Has proved he can beat top 6 teams. Gets the best out of mediocre players. Has an average win percentage from all his clubs of 53%.

Is this sineone any good?

How long did it take you to do that bit of research mate, cause it's a good in depth analysis in a short space of time, so the question remains how much research did our board do before they employed konman.

Ultimately we can discuss the merits of various candidates all day long but in terms of any credible links, only a small handful seem to be in the reckoning, or were.

Clearly they could be in very secretive discussions with somebody and whilst there is mostly bluff in the media, the same set of names eventually settle in relation to links with the job.

The amount of column inches devoted here to Tuchel for example, seems fanciful. Correct me if I am wrong but there is absolutely nothing to suggest he was, or is being considered, let alone approached.

The problem is in the clubs method, or more accurately, lack of. It smacks of Bill and the board huddled together, trying to come up with names themselves, before some underling in the office is mandated to make a telephone call and report back on progress. What on earth do any of them know about it?

What Walsh's role in this is who knows. I suspect either way it doesn't amount to anything.

There are two conceptions of Everton. One is the title-winning, transfer-record breaking, shiny new stadium occupants looking forward to the midweek Champions League game with Barcelona. The other is the reality. If you want an idea of how something will turn out, just look at trends and history.

The rather high likelihood that its neither Simeone, Tuchel, or Ancelotti, or their ilk, but Unsworth or Allardyce tells you all you need to know.

Putting a bit of context to the Tuchel bit, Mainz have had about 10 years in the Bundesliga in their history. It's not like he was in charge of a giant like Hamburg etc

Ultimately we can discuss the merits of various candidates all day long but in terms of any credible links, only a small handful seem to be in the reckoning, or were.

Clearly they could be in very secretive discussions with somebody and whilst there is mostly bluff in the media, the same set of names eventually settle in relation to links with the job.

The amount of column inches devoted here to Tuchel for example, seems fanciful. Correct me if I am wrong but there is absolutely nothing to suggest he was, or is being considered, let alone approached.

The problem is in the clubs method, or more accurately, lack of. It smacks of Bill and the board huddled together, trying to come up with names themselves, before some underling in the office is mandated to make a telephone call and report back on progress. What on earth do any of them know about it?

What Walsh's role in this is who knows. I suspect either way it doesn't amount to anything.

There are two conceptions of Everton. One is the title-winning, transfer-record breaking, shiny new stadium occupants looking forward to the midweek Champions League game with Barcelona. The other is the reality. If you want an idea of how something will turn out, just look at trends and history.

The rather high likelihood that its neither Simeone, Tuchel, or Ancelotti, or their ilk, but Unsworth or Allardyce tells you all you need to know.
Like your idea about Bill and the board huddled together...Find a Manager......a game for all EFC fans....hours of agony and speculation with no winners in the end...perfect chrimbo gift

If the stories are true I suspect the inclusion of names like Allardyce and Unsworth is Mosh giving Walsh and Kenwright the appearance of inclusion in the decision making process, when in reality he will make the final choice. He probably wants to go for the superstar name (Simeone) but I suspect we will end up in some sort of middle ground between extremes, hopefully Silva.

I wouldn't read much into Tuchel's win percentage at Mainz though, cos the resources there are in no way comparable with bigger teams in the prem. They did actually have a good team with him especially last couple years, some nice players, but Mainz are a smaller team who can't compare in depth and money with many other teams in the league.
The real reason he left Mainz, was that he wanted to leave for another club, he'd held talks with other clubs (Schalke 04 and Leverkusen) behind Mainz' back a few months earlier, so there was a lot of tension in the end, so in the end he kinda had to go, and Mainz actually refused to release him from his contract, which is why he ended up taking a year out.

Disagree mate. Undoubtedly we have an easier set of games coming up but given the situation we are in it's imperative we treat every game like a must win cup tie. We have to maximise our return from these matches as we've shown we're just not upto it against the big boys.

We'll finish 7th or 8th regardless, but that for me isn't achieving anything, hence dead rubbers.

Putting a bit of context to the Tuchel bit, Mainz have had about 10 years in the Bundesliga in their history. It's not like he was in charge of a giant like Hamburg etc

He's also not had any premier league experience. You never know how a manager is going to adapt to that.
Also as brieverton has said he's never been mentioned as a serious candidate outside of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back