Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we thought about Sir Clive Woodward? Not as manager, but in the boardroom.

World Cup winner, not been involved in top level sports for a while, no proven knowledge of association football. but knows how to organise things and wouldn't accept 2nd best, would be up to speed in .

Are we a club with better resources to get a class striker? At this moment in time, all signs point to no.

Are we Southampton in the 00's??

If Unsworth was continuing then surely it would have been announced by now. It must be someone else but whats the hold up?
I think they want to offer it to unsworth but are going to wait a couple more games to see if results keep improving. If this happens they’ll give it to him until the end of the season. If we lose at palace and Southampton i think they’ll take emergency action and hire a fire fighter (e.g. big Sam). I don’t think Moshiri and Kenwright want to do this because it’ll be very expensive, achieve much the same as what unsworth would and I’m sure they know what an unpopular decision it’d be with the fans.

To be fair to Bill and Farhad there’s not much out there at the moment. Big Sam will keep you up but he’ll do no more than that (plus everyone knows he’s a corrupt money grabbing w****r), dyche is only hot because he’s had a good start to the season and his side play awful football, Silva is unproven and is starting to look like Martinez 2.0, Howe’s Bournemouth have been awful this season and Tuchel has had mixed results in Germany and is unproven in England. There’s no 1 candidate that screams out “HIRE ME”. Big Sam would probably be the best fit for what we need right now, but if we win our next 2 games (not saying we will, but if we do) it’s panic over, relegation scrap over, and we start to look up again.

The people who always win out of an Everton new manager situation are the bookies. Putting fake news stories up every day and shortening odds allows them to take in more and more money from the fans. Literally like they can print it out with the way some people take a SSN update as genuine. The reality is outside Bill and Moshiri nobody probably knows anything.

But for what it’s worth I think they’re hanging on for a couple more games before deciding. I think that’s also why they haven’t updated the media on anything yet. We shall see what happens in the coming days/weeks...

Ancelotti on an 18 month deal with Unsworth as number 2 with a view to Rhino taking sole charge at the end of next season would be my choice

To be fair to Unsworth this needs resolving asap. He's in a limbo world at the moment. At this moment the club is essentially saying he's only good enough to hold the fort until someone better is available and prepared to join us. This may well be the case, but it does show the club in a bad light until it's sorted.

just think, if we appoint someone a day before the palace game then we will have saved a months wages ...

superb thinking this by Moshwright

You just know Big Sam is going to be there 'watching' and Sky Sports will be packed with Big Sam watching new team etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back