Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just fail to see how they could possibly think Unsworth is the answer. He lost 3/4 games and we were very lucky to beat Watford.

We’ve surely got to be in negotiations with someone.

It’s very difficult to judge off those 4 games I guess.

Would anyone else have fared any different to how we actually did given the utter state we were/are in?

Not so sure.

This isn’t me endorsing Unsworth I should add. His set up against Leicester utterly terrified me.

I'm afraid it looks highly likely now that we're drifting into having an inexperienced and relative novice in Unsworth staying on for the near future, i really fear this could end very badly.

A defeat at Palace looks more likely now given their new manager and recent uplift in results than it would have done with de Boer.

They have some good players but were playing a possession based system which just didn't suit under their previous boss. It may sound too defeatist and we could win, but I would think a home win more likely now.

It does seem as though a highly fortuitous win over Watford has papered over some of the cracks and delayed the decision. I'm sure they'd counter by saying that the lads have played for Unsy, not given up etc but really and truly, it's the same old fundamental problems; sloppy goals let in and a genuine struggle to score ourselves.

I get the impression the board are burying their heads in the sand following the Watford game and a defeat against Palace will see us straight back into the panic stations bunker. I know they're bottom after a shocking start but the Palace game will be tough, they've recently beaten Chelsea, come back from 2-0 down to draw against West Ham and been unfortunate to lose 1-0 away against Spurs. They've got their biggest threat back (Zaha) and the fact Benteke is also back (he always scores against us) only makes the task more difficult - and that's not even mentioning our dismal away form.

Having got the morale boosting 3 points against Watford, we should've been thanking Unsy for his time and effort but getting a proper manager in. The win and pleasing manner of it was a perfect little send off for him.

3 weeks since Koeman was sacked today and really we don't seem to be any closer to getting a manager.

I'm absolutely all for getting the right one and I'm not for one second saying it's easy but I don't see the hold up here. If the money and the ambition is there, just go and get him, ffs.

We messed about for too long waiting for Koeman which ended up derailing a summer transfer window (we did much the same waiting too long for Giroud, but that's another story) and by the looks of things it's happening again - no urgency at the top of this football club. Go get the number 1 target, say we'll give you this much but we need a decision in 48 hours. If he doesn't fancy it, next one down the list and so on.

£6m a year Koeman got, that's well up there in the whole of Europe. 95%+ of managers would take it.

Mis management ? Really, I'm sure the powers that be are keeping Unsworth in the loop, and we aren't going to appoint Simeone or Tuchel. Some fans perspective on this is beyond comprehensible ? Get a grip, they are interviewing, they will select the best candidate I'm sure, and once again, we aren't getting Tuchel or Simeone.
Yes it is mis management. The management of a football club today is not like it was years ago. You obviously believe that the board are selecting a new manager behind closed doors in a smoky room sorry mate but that's not how it's done nowadays, see moshiris chase of Koeman only 18months ago. I'm also pretty sure that Unsworth won't have a clue as to what's going on either. My ref to simeone and tuchel was not put in as a serious expectation either unfortunately my only serious expectation is for it to be one of the bland run of the mill managers that are available at present or Unsworth. I expect nothing more of this board at the moment but disappointment.

Tbh Dave if we're going to make our mark and even try to be near that top 6 it has to be someone good. If it's not I fail to see anything but more stagnation for another 10 years
I'm not saying he's done enough to manage us. Just saying the devil is in the detail on Karanka.

It’s very difficult to judge off those 4 games I guess.

Would anyone else have fared any different to how we actually did given the utter state we were/are in?

Not so sure.

This isn’t me endorsing Unsworth I should add. His set up against Leicester utterly terrified me.
It wasn’t just the results, though. The team selections and performances were abysmal.

It’s not like he came in and improved the defence or anything. We didn’t even get the dead cat bounce with him.

I’d be very worried about our survival if Unsworth gets he gig.

Yes it is mis management. The management of a football club today is not like it was years ago. You obviously believe that the board are selecting a new manager behind closed doors in a smoky room sorry mate but that's not how it's done nowadays, see moshiris chase of Koeman only 18months ago. I'm also pretty sure that Unsworth won't have a clue as to what's going on either. My ref to simeone and tuchel was not put in as a serious expectation either unfortunately my only serious expectation is for it to be one of the bland run of the mill managers that are available at present or Unsworth. I expect nothing more of this board at the moment but disappointment.

I recruit in the motor trade for a major German brand, I dont at all believe that its the 1980's and a group of directors sit in a room and appoint a manager on a vote. I do believe though they will interview candidates whilst pursuing their "wish list"

It wasn’t just the results, though. The team selections and performances were abysmal.

It’s not like he came in and improved the defence or anything. We didn’t even get the dead cat bounce with him.

I’d be very worried about our survival if Unsworth gets he gig.

As I say, the Leicester game put me really off Unsworth for now.

Imagine a club spends nearly 150 million on their squad and 3 months in has a 19 year old striker from league one up front and has their academy manager with no top flight experience in charge.

What a joke of a club that would be eh? Where's the money gone, why no manager , how poor must the board be etc....

In sure we would have a thread 100 pages long amazed on how bad they could be. Glad it never happened to us.

And rightly so.

In fact, it was just those sort of performances/selections/results which done for Koeman and dropped us in this mess in t’ first place.

And I tell you this for nothing.....if Koeman had been in charge versus Watford we would have been down and out when the second goal went in.

Rhino is trying to clean up an almighty mess.

He was dropped into a run of four games, three of them away, in the space of ten days or so.

He had very little time in between those games to work on tactics or formations.

IMO the next four games, the league games not the dead EL rubbers, will give a more realistic appraisal of David’s credentials and whether he can be trusted to steer the ship until a proper, permanent manager is installed.

I am sure everyone on here wishes him all the best in his endeavours.

As for me, I am still sticking by my prediction we will be in 8th place on New Year’s Day ;)

Come on, Rhino la’ :dance:

Mate let's be honest if gomes doesn't off injured we don't win that game. Watford should have been out of site we didn' threaten at all. That keeper comes on and makes a hash of the niasse goal and the dcl corner

Watford reject Everton's request to talk to Marco Silva about managerial vacancy

Exclusive: Everton are interested in the up-and-coming Portuguese coach but there is understood to be no release clause in his contract.
blank.gif

marco-silva-watford.jpg

Marco Silva almost rescued Hull from relegation and has elevated Watford this year Getty
Watford have rejected Everton's approach for manager Marco Silva.

Everton have turned their attention to Silva as part of their long search to replace Ronald Koeman, who was sacked last month. They have already looked at Sam Allardyce and Sean Dyche for the role but now want to speak to the 40-year-old Portuguese who has started well at Vicarage Road.

Silva is interested in speaking to Everton if a deal can be agreed between the clubs, but Watford today rejected Everton's approach. Watford do not want to lose Silva mid-season - he has only been in charge for 12 games - and believe that having said no to Everton's approach today that the matter is now closed. There is no release clause in Silva's Watford contract, meaning that Everton's only option is to offer Watford a compensation package so lucrative that they cannot turn it down.

How Silva made Watford the best of the rest
After nearly saving Hull City from relegation, Silva signed a two-year contract at Vicarage Road earlier this summer which would expire at the end of next season, having turned down Porto, Crystal Palace and West Ham United to take the Watford job. He is already on the radar of Arsenal and Manchester United as a potential future manager and sees his future managing one of England's top clubs, even ahead of a return to Portugal to coach Benfica.

The arrival of Silva at Watford, replacing Walter Mazzarri, sparked an instant improvement in their form but they have lost their last three Premier League games and have slipped down to ninth in the Premier League table.

Internal candidate David Unsworth has been in caretaker charge at Goodison Parkand was understood to have every chance of earning the job on a permanent basis but results have failed to improve under his brief stewardship and Everton are now looking for inspiration from outside the club.

Watford reject Everton's request to talk to Marco Silva about managerial vacancy

Exclusive: Everton are interested in the up-and-coming Portuguese coach but there is understood to be no release clause in his contract.
blank.gif

marco-silva-watford.jpg

Marco Silva almost rescued Hull from relegation and has elevated Watford this year Getty
Watford have rejected Everton's approach for manager Marco Silva.

Everton have turned their attention to Silva as part of their long search to replace Ronald Koeman, who was sacked last month. They have already looked at Sam Allardyce and Sean Dyche for the role but now want to speak to the 40-year-old Portuguese who has started well at Vicarage Road.

Silva is interested in speaking to Everton if a deal can be agreed between the clubs, but Watford today rejected Everton's approach. Watford do not want to lose Silva mid-season - he has only been in charge for 12 games - and believe that having said no to Everton's approach today that the matter is now closed. There is no release clause in Silva's Watford contract, meaning that Everton's only option is to offer Watford a compensation package so lucrative that they cannot turn it down.

How Silva made Watford the best of the rest
After nearly saving Hull City from relegation, Silva signed a two-year contract at Vicarage Road earlier this summer which would expire at the end of next season, having turned down Porto, Crystal Palace and West Ham United to take the Watford job. He is already on the radar of Arsenal and Manchester United as a potential future manager and sees his future managing one of England's top clubs, even ahead of a return to Portugal to coach Benfica.

The arrival of Silva at Watford, replacing Walter Mazzarri, sparked an instant improvement in their form but they have lost their last three Premier League games and have slipped down to ninth in the Premier League table.

Internal candidate David Unsworth has been in caretaker charge at Goodison Parkand was understood to have every chance of earning the job on a permanent basis but results have failed to improve under his brief stewardship and Everton are now looking for inspiration from outside the club.

....and so it begins.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back