Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why 32 people have voted for Unsworth. Decent bloke but could you imagine any of the top six sides sacking their manager and replacing him with the under 23 coach?

When Wenger leaves Arsenal do you think that Steve Gatting will be in the running for the job? Of course not, and Man Utd swerved past Giggs sharpish the last few managerial changes.

Sentiment and loyalty are nice but football is a business and David should stay where he is and the club should be looking for a more experienced candidate.

And rightly so.

In fact, it was just those sort of performances/selections/results which done for Koeman and dropped us in this mess in t’ first place.

And I tell you this for nothing.....if Koeman had been in charge versus Watford we would have been down and out when the second goal went in.

Rhino is trying to clean up an almighty mess.

He was dropped into a run of four games, three of them away, in the space of ten days or so.

He had very little time in between those games to work on tactics or formations.

IMO the next four games, the league games not the dead EL rubbers, will give a more realistic appraisal of David’s credentials and whether he can be trusted to steer the ship until a proper, permanent manager is installed.

I am sure everyone on here wishes him all the best in his endeavours.

As for me, I am still sticking by my prediction we will be in 8th place on New Year’s Day ;)

Come on, Rhino la’ :dance:
That's how I see it. We'll know after the next 4 league games whether Unsworth is up to steadying the ship. If he is then I see no harm keeping him there until the summer when we'll have more options. If he's not up to it we'll know by then and can appoint the best manager we can.

Talking to an old and trusted friend today. He’s pals with an ex Everton and Man Utd player.

Reckons that in football circles there is a lot of chatter about Everton making an approach for Mark Hughes. He seen as a better bet than Dyche and Allerdyce. Good PL experience and would go down better with the fans being an ex player.

Stoke aren’t said to be too keen but they could be tempted by a big compensation offer.

Who knows what’s going on. I could certainly believe it though.

Talking to an old and trusted friend today. He’s pals with an ex Everton and Man Utd player.

Reckons that in football circles there is a lot of chatter about Everton making an approach for Mark Hughes. He seen as a better bet than Dyche and Allerdyce. Good PL experience and would go down better with the fans being an ex player.

Stoke aren’t said to be too keen but they could be tempted by a big compensation offer.

lollollol

Mate let's be honest if gomes doesn't off injured we don't win that game. Watford should have been out of site we didn' threaten at all. That keeper comes on and makes a hash of the niasse goal and the dcl corner

It’s all right saying that but Baines missed a gilt edged opportunity to put us ahead in the first half and Iceland missed an open goal to equalise before we actually did.

It is all coulda, woulda, shoulda.

This kind of talk brings us into RAWK Alternative Premier League territory.

But it is what it is.....we won the game.

Be happy :dance:

And we won it in a fashion which we have seen in the past can galvanise teams, restore belief and turn seasons around.

I am really looking forward to Saturday’s game and I am very hopeful of a win ;)

Cannot for one moment understand why we would go for this bloke. With regards the ex-player tag, I reckon a good percentage on here wouldn't know that, given his brief (very brief) time with us.

Cannot for one moment understand why we would go for this bloke. With regards the ex-player tag, I reckon a good percentage on here wouldn't know that, given his brief (very brief) time with us.

Also the fans have hated him since he acted Billy Big Balls going over the manager’s head and approaching Bill with his initial Lescott offer.

Then him and Moyes had a dust up on the sidelines at City one night lol

Ex-player or not, Hughes would not be a popular choice on the metaphorical terraces.

Also the fans have hated him since he acted Billy Big Balls going over the manager’s head and approaching Bill with his initial Lescott offer.

Then him and Moyes had a dust up on the sidelines at City one night lol

Ex-player or not, Hughes would not be a popular choice on the metaphorical terraces.

Wasn' that moyes and mancini... yobo had to get in the middle?

Hughes is a bad blurt though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back