Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm catching up... is DU definitely out the picture, and if so why? He's won 2/3 in the Prem and we were realistically out of Europa and League Cup anyway.

I think his only 'mistake' was being a bit too bold vs Leicester, when digging in for a point may've been more sensible in the first half. But, he did that because he wants Everton on the front foot, as we all do. The players have responded - Lennon has been very good, likewise Beningame (spelling), Lookman and DCL all have made good impact. We look like we believe we can actually score again, and with a balance to do it.

But instead, after a very difficult 4 games and a jump up 4 places in the league - does DU get his deserved shot at Palace, Saints, West Ham and Huddersfield and a chance to see us top half? Nah. No thanks.

It's only when Everton behaves so disloyally to the people that get behind and push it through thick and thin that I genuinely despair for us. Pat on the head Dave, back the U23s who've helped gee us up, thanks. And off f(*$s another otherwise decent prospect made in our own backyard. Taxi for Ross and Dave - we'd rather have some strangers here for big money that can't speak English instead. Way to go blues.

Champions league winning Benitez??? FFS biggest fluke in CL history.....not talking about LAST season but this....explain why such a great manager lost to us after being 2-0 down ? El fraudo mk 2 imo

Whether or not the 2005 win under Benitez was the biggest fluke in CL history or not I couldn't personally say. In my memory, the Chelsea CL victory was at least comparable, if not a bigger fluke. In the end it's all academic anyway, both go down as a CL title in the history books.

Lord knows I would give anything for a fluke of an FA cup, let alone the most prestigious club competition in world football.

No, the worst thing that can happen is that he says YES!

Only won a domestic treble and a double in 3 seasons winning 9 of 13 trophies available, plus has career win percentage (not just Barca) of 60%. I know someone is going to mention it would be easy with the likes of Messi, Neymar and Suarez, but I think it is even more of an achievement getting those individuals to play together.

Why on earth would we want someone like that?!!

Quick Google of the man

Won the Portuguese fa cup in first season before getting sacked for not wearing the club suit at the final.

Won the Greek league next before leaving for personal reasons

Nearly kept hull up with half a squad (may or may not have been niasse magic powers)

Won a few games with Watford

Who would you go for?

Question my friend:

We are both, unapologetically so, purists of sorts. We want Everton to get on the ball and try and dictate the game- whether that's WBA or City. It's part of our historic DNA, in my opinion. Doesn't have to be tika taka or any of that passing for the sake of passing but instead having an identity.

Simeone is a very good coach but one based on an aggressive defence and relying on individual excellence.

How would you find him here?

Of course the brand of Simeone, the statement etc: all great.

But the football- I can't imagine it'd be the most graceful.

Would that make a difference to you?
I'm not a fan. And the wheels have come off a bit at Atletico Madrid.

I like what I've seen of Silva's style but I haven't seen an awful lot of games he's managed, tbh.

I'm catching up... is DU definitely out the picture, and if so why? He's won 2/3 in the Prem and we were realistically out of Europa and League Cup anyway.

I think his only 'mistake' was being a bit too bold vs Leicester, when digging in for a point may've been more sensible in the first half. But, he did that because he wants Everton on the front foot, as we all do. The players have responded - Lennon has been very good, likewise Beningame (spelling), Lookman and DCL all have made good impact. We look like we believe we can actually score again, and with a balance to do it.

But instead, after a very difficult 4 games and a jump up 4 places in the league - does DU get his deserved shot at Palace, Saints, West Ham and Huddersfield and a chance to see us top half? Nah. No thanks.

It's only when Everton behaves so disloyally to the people that get behind and push it through thick and thin that I genuinely despair for us. Pat on the head Dave, back the U23s who've helped gee us up, thanks. And off f(*$s another otherwise decent prospect made in our own backyard. Taxi for Ross and Dave - we'd rather have some strangers here for big money that can't speak English instead. Way to go blues.
WTF lad? "cant speak English?" Simeone you referring to?? That is fantasy land and you know it. Never heard Dyche or Unsy speak English either...:cool::cool:lollol;)

It depends more on how much Silva wants it and pushes for it I'm guessing. Seems like poor tactics from us again. A manager that's barely been somewhere five minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back