Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me why Silva is so popular at the moment? Why are we looking at him?

I did some research on him and his record is Impressive. The comments on here about single results against us or Man City are ridiculous. You could make that argument about any manager. Look at how we stuffed City at home last season.

It's what a manager has done over a career that matters so let's see how his career win percentage compares with a list of those mentioned plus all of the top six managers.

Guadiola 75%
Mourinho 65%
Conte 58%
Simeone 55%
Klopp 55%
Wenger 54%
SILVA 53%
Pellegrini 51%
Benitez 51%
Santo 49%
Tuchel 45%
Pochettino 43%
Moyes 42%
Dyche 39%
Allardyce 39%
Hughes 38%

I Think he stacks up pretty well against the competition, especially when you bear in mind he voluntarily joined a club adrift at the bottom of the league with half a squad. He has also won silverware at two different clubs and has champions league experience so yes I think he is the best choice.

Sorry for going a bit nerdy with the stats there.

He goes in the summer either way. Either he falls away and they sack him or he finishes top half and Athletico Madrid come knocking.

If we want him I sense it will be done. If the worst comes to it we have 18 months to buy out at maybe 3 million a year. I imagine we pay him maybe double, with a 4 year deal and compo will be much higher come the summer.

He will show little loyalty as he knows he will get none in return.
They wont finish top half mate. Silva knows he's hit pay dirt here.

I did some research on him and his record is Impressive. The comments on here about single results against us or Man City are ridiculous. You could make that argument about any manager. Look at how we stuffed City at home last season.

It's what a manager has done over a career that matters so let's see how his career win percentage compares with a list of those mentioned plus all of the top six managers.

Guadiola 75%
Mourinho 65%
Conte 58%
Simeone 55%
Klopp 55%
Wenger 54%
SILVA 53%
Pellegrini 51%
Benitez 51%
Santo 49%
Tuchel 45%
Pochettino 43%
Moyes 42%
Dyche 39%
Allardyce 39%
Hughes 38%

I Think he stacks up pretty well against the competition, especially when you bear in mind he voluntarily joined a club adrift at the bottom of the league with half a squad. He has also won silverware at two different clubs and has champions league experience so yes I think he is the best choice.

You would expect a higher proportion of wins when he’s managed top clubs in Portugal and Greece though.

S

Guadiola 75%
Mourinho 65%
Conte 58%
Simeone 55%
Klopp 55%
Wenger 54%
SILVA 53%
Pellegrini 51%
Benitez 51%
Santo 49%
Tuchel 45%
Pochettino 43%
Moyes 42%
Dyche 39%
Allardyce 39%
Hughes 38%

Stats are good. Is this all games or league only, in which case DU is 2nd in the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back