Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it mate. Really hate it.

I mean I understand why we’re shopping where we are. I just don’t like it.
It does seem very short sighted as far as our scouting is concerned. Granted maybe now isn't the time to go 'exotic'* but we've been in a position to appoint a manager based on their style of play and philosophy in the past and have played safe.

There is obviously talent beyond the Premier League but we seem unwilling to look further afield or don't trust a manager to do the job. Instead we wait until they're established in the PL and pay through the nose (similar to our transfer dealings).

*Imo there is nothing exotic about recruiting a manager from Europe, it's been standard practice for years.

This whole saga really does hammer home the fact that Everton are crap at pretty much everything.

Modern football sadly, 8.5m we have just offered some no mark club for their manager, these clowns were playing 4th Division football not that long ago and here they are, turning down 8.5m like it aint no ting.

When Sky are lashing 100m+ at clubs willy and indeed nilly, it makes the game that much harder.

Doesn't everyone get a manager from a club below them? Many wanted De Boer last year, that wouldn't have gone well. I don't see the problem as much as some on here.

Well technically we are getting a manager from a club above us, but yeah, I get your point.

He wasnt my choice, but all things considered hes defo the best of a very bad bunch.

Well technically we are getting a manager from a club above us, but yeah, I get your point.

He wasnt my choice, but all things considered hes defo the best of a very bad bunch.

Would we have been happier mein frandel if he had joined us directly from Olympiakos

Thanks I mean of stature and history etc. Very rare there is a side to side move. Lots of heads falling off but even if we were top ten and not crap we'd have difficulty getting an elite in. What we need to find is a Pocch and I think that's what they are trying

Thanks I mean of stature and history etc. Very rare there is a side to side move. Lots of heads falling off but even if we were top ten and not crap we'd have difficulty getting an elite in. What we need to find is a Pocch and I think that's what they are trying

I like the boys pedigree, Jose speaks very highly of him, I will back whoever we get in, 100% unflinching support, but im hopeful, I was never really hopeful with Martinez and Koeman, if im totally honest.

Theres danger signs with the fella for sure, but hes a good age and you gotta retain hope, always retain hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back