Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERTON BOARD MEETING TO DECIDE OUR NEXT MANAGER

muppetsabcboardroom.jpg

I believe that to be the muppets and not the everton board at all! very amusing

Hmm.

You conveniently missed out lost to Newcastle and Bristol City in the middle of that 'run' in which they got 4 points. Also worth pointing out that a point against West Ham isn't all that impressive, with the hammers having lost the league games either side of it 3-0 and 4-1.

I'm not saying we'll win here, all games are tough for us at the moment, I just don't see the point in making things overly dramatic by making out we're playing a side that's a lot better than it is.

..I think it’s more a case of least worst. I fear their strengths (Zaha and Benteke) are in direct competition with our weakest points. I can’t see them not scoring and I think we will struggle to score. We’ve conceded at least 2 in every game Unsworth has managed and I can’t see that trend ending on Saturday.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ager-who-odds-rules-out-running-a8056216.html

Allerdyce is saying "I'm not going to be anyone's second choice", which will now be the case for whoever eventually gets the job.

The Everton owners are doing a fine job on screwing up a football club.

Reminds me of a company I worked for the the 1980s. The General Manager kept changing the manager of one particular department because it was failing to perform. Instead of getting to the root cause of the problem, all everyone was learning was the General Manager was a lousy picker of managers.

http://www.[Poor language removed]/...der-oscar-garcia-after-he-quits-saint-etienn/

Following the news that Oscar Garcia has resigned from his position at Saint-Etienne, Everton's board would do well to make a swift phone call to the 44-year-old.

After all, the Toffees are in desperate need of a new manager following the dismissal of Ronald Koeman almost a month ago, and Garcia could well fit the bill.

He guided Saint-Etienne to sixth place in Ligue 1 prior to his exit and has experience of English football via his spells with Brighton and Hove Albion and Watford.

He led the Seagulls to the play-offs and only ill-health prompted his exit from the Hornets a year later and, if he feels he has unfinished business in England, a move to Everton could suit all parties.

He may not be the huge name the Everton board seemingly want, but it was always going to be hard to attract that calibre of manager to Goodison Park given the club's struggles this season and their lack of a quality forward.

Having failed in a bid to bring Marco Silva in from Watford, Everton would be better off targeting a manager they could appoint instantly, without having to negotiate a settlement with a rival team.

Garcia is now free and, if he fancies the challenge, he could be exactly what Everton need given his playing style and his ambition.

Óscar García has been forced to stand down from his job as Watford’s head coach on the advice of doctors after suffering chest pains two weeks ago.

The former Barcelona midfielder had been 27 days into his new job but suffered similar pains while managing Brighton & Hove Albion last year and, after a series of tests, was advised that he should stay out of a stressful working environment.

Christ no.

Hmm.

You conveniently missed out lost to Newcastle and Bristol City in the middle of that 'run' in which they got 4 points. Also worth pointing out that a point against West Ham isn't all that impressive, with the hammers having lost the league games either side of it 3-0 and 4-1.

I'm not saying we'll win here, all games are tough for us at the moment, I just don't see the point in making things overly dramatic by making out we're playing a side that's a lot better than it is.

Well you're also talking about a Newcastle in good form and a cup game that wasn't a priority.

And it's not being over dramatic to say they've improved massively and on an upward turn compared to ours.

Anyone who thinks we're not in for a tough game needs to take a look at themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back