Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I think Unsy is good for the club and he “knows Everton “ we simply cannot appoint him as manager. He lacks the experience required at this level.

Most people had already decided he wasn’t right for the job prior to the Watford game. This was due to three losses in three games. Then victory against Watford starts the “let’s give him an opportunity “ stream.

My fear is, another decent result at Palace will increase the clamour.

Unsy should remain as part of the fabric of the club, but not as first team manager.

Óscar García has been forced to stand down from his job as Watford’s head coach on the advice of doctors after suffering chest pains two weeks ago.

The former Barcelona midfielder had been 27 days into his new job but suffered similar pains while managing Brighton & Hove Albion last year and, after a series of tests, was advised that he should stay out of a stressful working environment.

Christ no.
He was nowhere near as good as Chris Hughton. Can't imagine he'd be considered.

I'm not sure I understand the lack of experience argument. Unsy has experience of training a squad, implementing tactics and winning games of football. Surely it's just the same but with better players? Can those who say he lacks experience explain what the difference is? Sorry for being dumb but I'd just like to know.

I'm not sure I understand the lack of experience argument. Unsy has experience of training a squad, implementing tactics and winning games of football. Surely it's just the same but with better players? Can those who say he lacks experience explain what the difference is? Sorry for being dumb but I'd just like to know.
I think the difference is he has looked like an absolute shambolic manager at this level, but that’s just me.

Well you're also talking about a Newcastle in good form and a cup game that wasn't a priority.

And it's not being over dramatic to say they've improved massively and on an upward turn compared to ours.

Anyone who thinks we're not in for a tough game needs to take a look at themselves.
We are in for a tough game, I said that. I've been saying it since pre season actually, that this team was not capable of winning any game easily, so you're preaching to the converted. I just don't see the need to suggest that this particular game will be incredibly difficult, when the reality is they really are the worst team in the league.

I'm just dealing in facts here, saying that a side which is bottom of the league and has one point from their last three games cannot really be said to have 'improved massively' and be on an 'upward curve compared to ours' when we actually got 75% of the points they have for the whole season in our last game. That is the very definition of being overly dramatic. I'm not sure you even quite understand the concept of form if I'm honest, seeing as you're suggesting Newcastle are in good form when they've only won one of their last six games, against...Palace.

There's plenty for us to be negative about without people going out of their way to be doom mongers.

Well he has no experience of being in the managerial spotlight, having to drop big name players, signing players, coming up against top quality opposition managers or the pressure that goes with potential relegation etc. So I'd say it's pretty relevant personally.

Óscar García has been forced to stand down from his job as Watford’s head coach on the advice of doctors after suffering chest pains two weeks ago.

The former Barcelona midfielder had been 27 days into his new job but suffered similar pains while managing Brighton & Hove Albion last year and, after a series of tests, was advised that he should stay out of a stressful working environment.

Christ no.
He'd keel over before half time at Goodison

I wonder who will decide on, who the next manager will be.

Perhaps Walsh has something to say, in that matter, but it seem like, Moshiri need to do his homework on this one, since Koeman is out of the picture.

Perhaps there are some board members, that are qualified to pick a manager.

But i don't know?

I wonder who will decide on, who the next manager will be.

Perhaps Walsh has something to say, in that matter, but it seem like, Moshiri need to do his homework on this one, since Koeman is out of the picture.

Perhaps there are some board members, that are qualified to pick a manager.

But i don't know?

..I would think Moshiri employs ‘expert’ advisers to identify and perhaps help recruit candidates.

Allardyce out?

happy-dancing.gif
Pretty Good, Pretty,Pretty Good.

The hopes and dreams in the Summer.New stadium,Europa football,new players coming through the door thick and fast and some of the media thinking we could be contenders for the top 5.Look at us now !!! The absolute FFFIN State of us. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back