Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Bill knows he will be moved aside eventually

I think this goes way beyond Bill v Moshiri.

Seen nothing like this before. When all is said and done this is merely a botched plan to replace an obviously failing manager. THAT doesn't explain the treatment Moshiri is getting now from all parties...even Jim White turned on him!

No, there is definitely 'trouble at t' mill'.

Oh, I think that's obvious.

What rabbit holes that takes us down I can only hazard a guess at.

tenor.gif

Some people reading far too much into this.

It’s all wild speculation.

I’ll just take it for what it is, a bungled recruitment process.

I think its been disrespectful to David Unsworth but unfortunately I also think time is now of the essence, the situation is perilous and we can't allow him any longer.

Its still possible to be more optimistic if we put the completely amateurish bundling of the last month aside, start from now and be extremely pragmatic and focussed on what we have to do right now and act without delay.

Our situation isn't irretrievable by any means, its easily still possible to look at positives

1. There's still a long way to go

2. Coleman especially but Bolassie too hopefully with possibly most of his pace (and very doubtful but just maybe Barkley???) to come back in the near future.

3. The January transfer window

So it's not hopeless, but currently i'd have to agree we are if not the very worst, then definitely one of the worst in the league, maybe not over the first twelve games, there have been a handful slightly worse, but we started midtable and are descending.

What about the four points in the last two!!!

Our four points are a decent return from our last two but it took a great deal of luck and some bizarre goals and a penalty miss to get them, our actual performances probably should and easily could have brought zero points, its how we are currently playing that is, or nearly is, the worst in the league, not our somewhat fortunate return of four points from them.

Last night doesn't count it was pointless!

Forget last night, our performances in our last four league games have been absolutely awful, its getting worse despite the points, not better or at best there's no improvement whatsoever.

Could we go down?

Probably not if we get anyone half-decent or even competent in charge, but definitely yes if we keep a completely clueless novice who has been badly found out and completely out of his depth in charge for much longer.

So do we need to decide right now how about more time?

This board have had a month and after doing a 'Giroud' all over again are back to square one, more time will mean more clueless chasing after unobtainable or unlikely targets while meanwhile we slip ever deeper into the mire with our unfortunate but largely blameless temporary coach hung out to dry and completely lost.

This is why we have to be extremely pragmatic and act now on whoever is best, free, easily secured and willing to come right now, preferably on a short or very short term contract, however unpalatable the choice is, hopefully it won't be a permanent long term contract and I hope its as short as we can get away with.

Media favourites Arsenal and Liverpool are affected by questions over a major shareholder's ties to us and a new stadium/ spending regime aimed at eclipsing them respectively.

Not being nice guys as we try to elbow our way into the big 4 or 6 or however many it is alongside embarrassing levels of performance throughout the club.

No wonder we have a few negative stories and editorials from the media. A few seasons of success and it will change. How long did it take for City to become so respectable? It ain't so long ago that they were the noisy neighbours tricking superstars like Robinho to sign for them. We are still in the noisy neighbours stage.

Anyway back on topic, AVB- a bit nonplussed but not much different to Silva in my mind. I'd take him but don't think he is the perfect match. If he does well I will be very pleased. But lessons need to be learned and I would think there's a few people in the last chance saloon after the transfer windows and the manager farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back