Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbh If as reported he didn't know then its not that good, but its not a big newspaper headline by any means, he even says he must have known himself anyway unless very naive. I thought it largely throwaway nonsense that makes an easy to write story and sensationalises little - I suppose you could say the sort of story Jim White might write if he was part of the written press.

Fair enough he's not following it too closely, and so he mentions prominent names that have at least been in the popular press recently with LvG, Allardyce and Rangnick.

He does so however without giving any further widely known information of no interest from LvG and BFS (and Rangnick likely being a non-starter too) - why not mention the whole gambit with Tuchel and Simeone thrown in for good measure?

Media favourites Arsenal and Liverpool are affected by questions over a major shareholder's ties to us and a new stadium/ spending regime aimed at eclipsing them respectively.

Not being nice guys as we try to elbow our way into the big 4 or 6 or however many it is alongside embarrassing levels of performance throughout the club.

No wonder we have a few negative stories and editorials from the media. A few seasons of success and it will change. How long did it take for City to become so respectable? It ain't so long ago that they were the noisy neighbours tricking superstars like Robinho to sign for them. We are still in the noisy neighbours stage.

Anyway back on topic, AVB- a bit nonplussed but not much different to Silva in my mind. I'd take him but don't think he is the perfect match. If he does well I will be very pleased. But lessons need to be learned and I would think there's a few people in the last chance saloon after the transfer windows and the manager farce.

We’re not even close to being at the noisy neighbours stage. City already had their stadium and were spending tons of money without having to sell to buy. Not one of the signings we have made can compare to them signing Tevez or even Gareth Barry or Lescott. They also continually added to their squad and improved it- they didn’t start their new regime by selling their best player and only goal threat. Not being nice guys buy bullying Watford and signing the cream of the crop from the bottom half of the table and cast offs from Manchester United? I’m sure arsenal and ‘pool are quaking in their boots right now.

All indications and evidence since last summer and then especially this one prove we are miles behind the top 6, both on and off the pitch. In fact we’ve gone backwards on the field. Our owner has so far proved to be no richer and no more competent than any of the owners of the teams who finished above us and unless we can outlay a minimum of £100 million (without having any saleable assets for a change) in next summers transfer window we won’t be catching up anytime soon, let alone overtaking.

Let’s just actually rectify this season with a competent managerial appointment to bump us up the table before we even talk about eclipsing anybody. All those original aims for the season are gone.

I have a feeling that if the recent investigation hadn't come out there'd be no such blanket condemnation of Moshiri. Criticism from a few outlets yes, but the whole of the media seem as one with their severe commentary now.

Something is definitely not right at this club.

I think the problem is caused by Mosh being in bed with a certain Mr J White.

If he spread the love around the various media outlets a bit more, rather than just speaking to White, then the criticism we seem to be getting ( rightly so IMO) wouldn't be so harsh.

Just my thoughts.

Can't see the story in this, surely Unsworth could think he'd be considered with the results he's produced,so him being "disrespected" is just the press trying to stir up more an already difficult situation for our club.
We are an easy target at the moment. Press taking the opportunity to kick us whilst we’re down.

Yes, but why...and why cant Moshiri find an ally in the media? BK wasn't universally liked.

I think the club have walked into a minefield with Moshiri.
I think Moshiri was very unwise in choosing White to be his media outlet.Anyone on the Sky payroll would always go for the throat at the first opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back