Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
my only concern with avb here, and it is a serious concern tbf, is whether he is the right character to deal with a group of players that have effectively downed tools.

My concern is when he plays a high line with Williams and Jagielka and has them essentially on the halfway line. Aside from his time in China he’ll have never had a squad as bad as this and I’m not sure his ideas would work well with us at this moment in time.

Stating the obvious but the timing of any managerial appointment right now is awful. Is it 14 games or something from now till the start of January, playing twice in some weeks? That’s an attritional situation and a baptism of fire for any manager to come into with this squad.

I enjoy these snippets.

“Very bright” - an intellectual, sophisticated, tactically aware, multi-lingual, progressive, but maybe misunderstood and needing to repair his reputation?

“Has PL experience” to me suggests not managing in the PL currently?

I’d say AVB but could we play the yes/no game as it could easily apply to Silva?

Answer yes/no to the question “Is he Portuguese?” and we can resolve this very quickly with the next question :)

or the fact he capitalised the three words 'A Very Bright' A-V-B, may suggest he is hinting at AVB also mate lol

My morning has near enough been spent painting.Sad that I am I have to listen to a radio when doing such tasks and rather than sing a long I was listening to Talk Sport

Ok I know that Talk Sport is the classic click bait station but the said two things regarding the Everton. The first was that there were more issues regarding the first team at the time of RK being sacked. No idea what they were hinting at but let’s wait and see.

It was the second point in that RK and I suspect his brothers payoff has still not been agreed and that’s both relevant & a worry and may well explain why a month on other than talk nothing much has happened.

Unless I have missed something in terms of a change there was a formal agreement in place between the League Managers Assoc and the Premier League which forbids appointing a permanent replacement until all matters concerning a departing management team have been agreed.

RK was on a reported £6 million a year many clubs have clauses as to what pay offs would be in the event ,sorry when, of a sacking so if Talksport is right that’s another piece of poor managent by the board.

Good article on Dyche in the Guardian today. It kinds of smells like advertising PR piece on his abilities.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/25/sean-dyche-burnley-stock-rising

I am TeamDyche, I think this is the right job and at the right time.

I do not want some mercenary with mentality that if they do well they leave, if they do badly they leave and get a pay off.

I appreciate this goes against the grain but I would love to see the average length of time that a foreign manager stays in a position. People do not have the emotional attachment when managing abroad.

Good article on Dyche in the Guardian today. It kinds of smells like advertising PR piece on his abilities.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/25/sean-dyche-burnley-stock-rising

I am TeamDyche, I think this is the right job and at the right time.

I do not want some mercenary with mentality that if they do well they leave, if they do badly they leave and get a pay off.

I appreciate this goes against the grain but I would love to see the average length of time that a foreign manager stays in a position. People do not have the emotional attachment when managing abroad.

Be more than happy with him at this point. Sounds like just what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back