Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Becoming more convinced the board are hoping/praying it all clicks into place for Unsworth. Sadly, I think it's more likely the form is going to get worse - which is quite something considering what we've seen up until now.

I just can't believe you sack a manager without any sort of plan, or maybe I'm wrong and Unsworth was always the one they were pinning their hopes on.

Can you imagine if we'd have kept Koeman in place while we hunted for a manager. It wouldn't have been Palace at the bottom of the Prem that's for sure. We were in freefall and he simply had to go.

Can you imagine if we'd have kept Koeman in place while we hunted for a manager. It wouldn't have been Palace at the bottom of the Prem that's for sure. We were in freefall and he simply had to go.

I don't think so. We could have easily got the same set of results under Koeman that Unsworth has had.

The performances against Watford and Crystal Palace showed very little in terms of improvement. Sometimes luck shines down upon you I guess...

I'd rather have Unsworth than Allardyce or any other embarrassment you care to put forward.

??????????????????

I'm the most anti-Allardyce poster on here David.

I put forward Tuchel and Silva. Hardly embarrassments.

Whoever it is...they'll be 10th choice by the looks of it

I reckon 3/4 weeks ago Dyche would have crawled from Burnley to Liverpool if he had been offered the Everton job - but if offered now? Tenth choice? Rated an inferior manager to Allardyce and Silva by Moshiri & Co.

I'd hope SD would have some professional pride.

I reckon 3/4 weeks ago Dyche would have crawled from Burnley to Liverpool if he had been offered the Everton job - but if offered now? Tenth choice? Rated an inferior manager to Allardyce and Silva by Moshiri & Co.

I'd hope SD would have some professional pride.

I still think he'd have to really consider it (not that it's happening). Flying high with Burnley this season, could easily be fighting relegation next time around.

After dawdling for weeks on placing a vote, I've gone for Dyche

I genuinely think he's a good manager who is ready to step up to a bigger challenge

Yes, he took Burnley down, but he had a bloody good go at keeping them up. He then brought them straight back up the following season, securing their Premiership status the next

This season Burnley are up in the top half, whilst we languish near the bottom

I honestly think there's something there with him

Yes, there's no guarantee

Yes, it's a gamble

Yes, he doesn't do the loads of passing style that so many on here seem to want

And

Yes, he's not an "exciting" or "exotic" choice

Despite that, he's still my #1 pick for the job

Just something about him that makes me think he's capable of more if he's given a better budget and a chance to work with our existing squad. I can't explain it, I just get a "good vibe" from him

I've finally declared lads and ladies. Took me bloody long enough I know!

It's not the popular choice but I've got to agree with you mate. We're a mess and don't seem able to attract the managers people would prefer.

Dyche has got a very limited side level on points with Arsenal and Liverpool, also only one point off Spurs in 4th.

He'd get us the table and given time, could break into the elite. Or we could just daydream about managers who don't seem remotely interested in Everton.

It's not the popular choice but I've got to agree with you mate. We're a mess and don't seem able to attract the managers people would prefer.

Dyche has got a very limited side level on points with Arsenal and Liverpool, also only one point off Spurs in 4th.

He'd get us the table and given time, could break into the elite
. Or we could just daydream about managers who don't seem remotely interested in Everton.

The only way we're breaking the elite is if we throw a small fortune at it. We know this squad needs gutting and there's so few options within it to raise money. To think, only a couple of years ago we had Lukaku, Barkley and Stones as our financial bail out option... Criminal that we've squandered all of that cash and more.

I still think he'd have to really consider it (not that it's happening). Flying high with Burnley this season, could easily be fighting relegation next time around.

Don't think Burnley would sack Dyche if they did get relegated this season or next. Basically, he can choose when he wants to leave and he knows Burnley will pay him what he wants (within reason). If he asked Mike Garlick (Burnley chairman) for £6 million a year, he'd probably get it.

I have no proof, but I have seen claims that Dyche is on a percentage of any profit made from player sales (signed Keane for £2 million, sold for £25-30 million) as well as a massive bonus for avoiding relegation.

Any chance Burnley has just had a good start to the season and perhaps they aren't going to be anywhere near the top 4 come may?

You would think it was may hearing some people talk about Burnley this season. So many teams have been up there so early on and fallen away. Jesus Blackpool looked fantastic until November when they came up, hull under Phil Brown looked fantastic by October and I think won one more game for the rest of the season

It's clutching at straws to base anyone's record as manager being good enough for the level we aim to be at on 12 games in 5 years. Because that's what it is, no-one wanted the championship dyche , no-one wanted the bottom half dyche, they just want the top half after 12 games dyche .

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but my biggest fear is Unsworth getting the job until the end of the season. That is really scary stuff.

This is the first big test of Moshiri's tenure.

Hard to imagine any organisation in the world making such a mess of a recruitment process.

People come and go, but Everton remain eternally incompetent. Must be something in the water in that boardroom.

But people dont go, Bill Kenwright joined the Board in 1989, the season before he joined the Board we finished 4th, something we have done only once since then.

So no, some people dont go.

/runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back