Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do people think that the name of a manager is important when players chose a club to join? A lot of people seem this is most important factors

I dont buy it that we need an international name. Most player will not know the background of a manager, but a team such as Valencia, Seville, Fiorentina ect ect will look at the size of the club, the wages being paid, and the "sales pitch"
To be honest having Koeman or AVB are both internationally known and recognised as having difficult relationships with players - so it works both ways.

If Dyche did get the job, he'd want to appoint ALL of his backroom staff - Ian Woan (assistant manager), Tony Loughran (first team coach) and so on and decide which players he wanted to sign. What would happen to the likes of David Unsworth and Duncan Ferguson?

My morning has near enough been spent painting.Sad that I am I have to listen to a radio when doing such tasks and rather than sing a long I was listening to Talk Sport

Ok I know that Talk Sport is the classic click bait station but the said two things regarding the Everton. The first was that there were more issues regarding the first team at the time of RK being sacked. No idea what they were hinting at but let’s wait and see.

It was the second point in that RK and I suspect his brothers payoff has still not been agreed and that’s both relevant & a worry and may well explain why a month on other than talk nothing much has happened.

Unless I have missed something in terms of a change there was a formal agreement in place between the League Managers Assoc and the Premier League which forbids appointing a permanent replacement until all matters concerning a departing management team have been agreed.

RK was on a reported £6 million a year many clubs have clauses as to what pay offs would be in the event ,sorry when, of a sacking so if Talksport is right that’s another piece of poor managent by the board.
Struggling to get my head around this. Football is the only job I can think of where you receive a pay off for being sacked, for being bad at your job.

It's not as if after 18 months, and having 9million in the bank, the fella is left destitute.

The players are shapeless and leaderless. They are not doing their jobs and need a manager who will drill them and tell them exactly where they should be on the pitch from minute 1. They’re too stupid for anything else. It’s what Moyes did well.

Essentially we need an Allardyce type.

If Dyche did get the job, he'd want to appoint ALL of his backroom staff - Ian Woan (assistant manager), Tony Loughran (first team coach) and so on and decide which players he wanted to sign. What would happen to the likes of David Unsworth and Duncan Ferguson?

Think they'll be out whoever we get in.

Maybe not Unsworth due to the under 23 work.

Yes, but why...and why cant Moshiri find an ally in the media? BK wasn't universally liked.

I think the club have walked into a minefield with Moshiri.
I genuinely can't recall a negative press article about bill or any reference to elstones inadequacies.

In fact whenever the fans threatened action against bill positive articles would appear immediately, i recall one from martin Samuel in the mail that I actually wrote & complained about due to its clear factual inaccuracies.

However we currently have Joyce, hunter & bascombe regularly questioning moshiri.

It's clear as daylight bill & bob are feeding these pets & it showing moshiri in a negative light. Wether that be right or wrong the stark contrast is for all to see.

A number of reliable sources on another forum stated that over a week ago unsworth was summouned by the Board to be told he would not be getting the job.

I haven't listened to the press conference verbatim however it seems that what happened has been twisted as some sort of knife in unsworths back when for all intense purposes he already knew he was not getting the job.

Moshiri should have kept unsworth up to date that we were supposedly close to a new manager however this reeks of an internal power struggle & split board with each side wanting to run the club in two completely different ways.

The ground needs to happen fast so we can at least start to pull int he same direction.

E5538814-A319-47D9-AE3D-616A99C27302.webp

who honestly cares ??

if the new manager brings his team in and gets us performing, then I honestly don't care what happens to the current backroom team.

reagrless of what they have achieved, if the new man want his way implementing then so be it.

its not like this current crop of back roomer's have proved anything other than useless, barring a good couple of years with some excellent young lads.

no-one should be bigger than the club, whether they 'are a blue' or not

Serious question. Do most Evertonians think a new manager will be named before Wednesday and pick the team for West Ham at home?

Or will Unsworth still be nominally in charge with the new manager watching from the stands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back