Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly I have to say that he has a slightly unfair reputation when it comes to his style of football. I’ve seen his teams play decent football before, especially Bolton, and just last season he took Palace to Anfield and comfortably won the game. He plays direct, effective football, not the most attractive but it’s by no means Tony Pulis levels. His problem is he obviously has a limit but given how our season is shaping out that limit will do just fine.

Yes he’s an unscrupulous man but can the people who are against this appointment purely on morals justify that we may get relegated? I see people saying they’d still prefer Unsworth which is just insanity. If you don’t want Allardyce for purely footballing reasons then that’s understandable. But this holier than thou attitude amongst our fan base has to go right now. We’re in a fight and you don’t bring a wooden spoon to a knife fight. And sometimes you have to play dirty.

I agree about his reputation, but I think it is over exaggerated. Football has moved on from these types of Dinosaurs. His premiership win percentage is 35%. That is lower than any current premiership manager (apart from the inept Unsie of course).

So all this "Will get the defence sorted" nonsense and "Will get the team organised" crud is a fallacy reputation based on a distorted facts.

It's like saying Donald Trump is a great businessman. But the fact that he was given $100 Million by his dad, was made bankrupt 5 times and if he had just left his money in a standard investment account at the beginning he would be vastly richer than his is now makes a joke of that statement.

The point is there are not many worse managers than this Slime Ball that could do a reasonable job.

As you mentioned the Crystal Palace performance let's look at his record there.
Played 24. Won 9. Drawn 3. Lost 12. So a total of 30 points from 24 games. We have 12 points from 13 games. Combine the two and you have 42 points from 37 games.

Do you still think he will guarantee safety?

I appreciate you're upset but put into context, it's our club and has been since 1878. What happens today is a hump in the road and at the next junction it's still our club to be handed down to our kids/grandchildren.

Mate I said it earlier that I railroaded my eldest boy into being a Blue, the two younger lads can make there own minds up. I doubt they’ll pick Everton off their own bat...

People think he’s another Pulis, he’s much better then that. Remember the players he signed for tiny little Bolton, Anelka Campo Djorkaeff Cahill, he was level pegging with Moyes for years on a much smaller budget and club. His appearance is against him, but he is an excellent manager, and in the predicament we are in we are lucky to get him. We ain’t going down now, and he will make some shrewd buys in Jan and bomb out the rubbish.
I think this is quite a lot of sense. If it is Big Sam then I’m quite positive and think he may surprise us. The only two teams spent much time with Bolton and West Ham he left in a much better position then when he’d joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back