Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2m to Palace. Lol. He isnt at Palace anymore.

"Crystal Palace will be due £2m if Sam Allardyce joins Everton.

Allardyce left the Eagles in May after guiding the club to Premier League survival.

And part of his severance agreement saw Palace insert a clause stating £2m would be owed to them if the former England chief joined a new club before July 2018.

The Independent reports the Eagles did the same when Tony Pulis asked to be released from his Selhurst Park contract in August 2014. He was appointed West Brom manager four months later."

What worries me is that everybody assumes he will save us from relegation if he comes...

At Palace he had Bentecke and at Sunderland he had Defoe as proven premiership strikers; at Everton he has?

At Palace and Sunderland he had good solid defenders that he could utilise...At Everton he has Williams, Jagielka, Keane, Schneiderlin...

He said after the Leicester match that the pivotal point for any team being threatened by relegation is the Festive Season period where you have 15 points to play for in 12 days...he will have only the above to get him those points...

Appointing Fat Sam is not a slam-dunk to avoiding relegation as everybody thinks...

What worries me is that everybody assumes he will save us from relegation if he comes...

At Palace he had Bentecke and at Sunderland he had Defoe as proven premiership strikers; at Everton he has?

At Palace and Sunderland he had good solid defenders that he could utilise...At Everton he has Williams, Jagielka, Keane, Schneiderlin...

He said after the Leicester match that the pivotal point for any team being threatened by relegation is the Festive Season period where you have 15 points to play for in 12 days...he will have only the above to get him those points...

Appointing Fat Sam is not a slam-dunk to avoiding relegation as everybody thinks...
Said that myself, some people are in for a shock when they realise it's not all down to koeman or unsworth (although they had their faults) that we're in this mess, it's the players and no manager on the planet can sort that defence out with them players. Absolute bang average squad of spineless cowards. Our season will or won't be saved by the business we do on the January transfer window and with the fraud Walsh still here I don't hold much hope

At 45 years of age and having been force fed Everton since about 3 years of age by my ardent evertonian grandad (god rest his soul) and my dad, I never thought the day would come that I lost all enthusiasm for our club. Like many of my age and older I’m fortunate enough to have experienced the good times but also the low points but nothing quite compares to now with the gutless performances on the pitch, seeing a proud blue and past player being let down badly by players and the board and to now the appointment of not only this corrupt fat **** but also his poison dwarf sidekick is beyond my worst nightmares. I make no apologies in saying I’m done with it for the time it takes to rid the club of those who have taken us to our lowest ebb. My grandad would be turning in his grave.
way I been feeling last while. Enough going at the moment at all this mess wasn't helping so the game got switched off .
Grim times but a win tonight & the wknd the outlook may look a bit brighter. I say MAY

Said that myself, some people are in for a shock when they realise it's not all down to koeman or unsworth (although they had their faults) that we're in this mess, it's the players and no manager on the planet can sort that defence out with them players. Absolute bang average squad of spineless cowards. Our season will or won't be saved by the business we do on the January transfer window and with the fraud Walsh still here I don't hold much hope

Williams was bought 2 - 3 years too late, he was already past it, and anyway he wasn't much. He's one of those who thrives for Wales because in the Euros last year it was a well organised, highly motivated team.
Jags and Baines should have had younger replacements lined up to either challenge or motivate them, and we never replaced Funes Mori either.

That's just one part of the problem. The squad looks exciting in parts - young players with loads of potential, a 'revitalised Rooney' was supposed to happen at Everton, leading young guns to glory, and then the new spending power for Gylfi. But as we've said many times elsewhere, the wrong characters have been bought, with the wrong balance of squad. I'm worried most of all that Sam Allardyce will buy journeymen, bit part, older players with a short term vision, and it will mean that in 2 years or less we are rebuilding again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back