Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no way he’s seeing his contract out with this football no way.
I am convinced he will , I think the only thing that will change that is a series of bad results until the end of the season.
I think he was brought in because we were a mess. Another couple of wins and relegation is forgotten and I think he will be given credit for that by Moshiri... is seen as a safe pair of hands for the near future and will be there next season.
Sam is already talking about pre season and a fresh start next year.

Lazy criticism really, it only works if you count Beattie and Kroldrup as big money signings but Baines, Jagielka, Lescott etc as cheap, even though they cost the same/more.

ok maybe I phrased it badly, what I meant was, when he spent time looking into deals like baines/lescott etc he got it right, but when he got a big fee in (20 odd million for lescott etc/champs league money) he spent it poorly

I always thought he would do well with a say 10-15mil a year net spend allowance, but I would not want to see him let loose with 200mil at once

hope you get what I mean now

@MACCA75 response to your similar reply

ok maybe I phrased it badly, what I meant was, when he spent time looking into deals like baines/lescott etc he got it right, but when he got a big fee in (20 odd million for lescott etc/champs league money) he spent it poorly

I always thought he would do well with a say 10-15mil a year net spend allowance, but I would not want to see him let loose with 200mil at once

hope you get what I mean now

@MACCA75 response to your similar reply
Yeah I know what you mean.

Personally I don't really have any issue with the way Moyes spent money. I think even the Lescott money was only really wasted on Bilyaletdinov - Distin was pretty much a perfect replacement and Heitinga was (I think?) player of the year in one of his seasons here. The season after we finished 4th was a difficult one, because the entire club was clearly totally unprepared for what happened after years of battling relegation. He tried to change too much too soon, and it backfired. I think he learnt from that and it's one of the reasons he was quite cautious in the market after that.

I wouldn't want Moyes back, he had his chance and he's burnt his bridges. He's a very good manager though, and our struggles over the last few years highlight just how well he did for us.

I am convinced he will , I think the only thing that will change that is a series of bad results until the end of the season.
I think he was brought in because we were a mess. Another couple of wins and relegation is forgotten and I think he will be given credit for that by Moshiri... is seen as a safe pair of hands for the near future and will be there next season.
Sam is already talking about pre season and a fresh start next year.
No chance he says imo. Why only give him an 18month deal?. So moshiri gives him 60/70 mil to spend in the summer. And what happens in Jan, if we are mid table let him see out the rest of season? Or give him a new 3yr deal.

There is no way we can build for the future with a manger having a year left on his contract. He was given 18months as a compromise, don’t forget moshiri had already been in touch with Sam, but couldn’t agree a deal and that’s got to be down to a disagreement on the length of the contract. And that’s why moshiri stared to look elsewhere.

I’ve just been in the barbers (yes, I may be a fat whacker but I’ve still got hair on me bonce) and all the talk was of Rooney becoming player manager.

Ala king Kenny at the RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back