Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The least I've been interested in a managerial appointment in ages. The key appointment was Brands because from now on, it's just a First Team Coach role.

Good luck Marco, just some passing would be nice.
Definately this. I think the significance of his appointment is passing a lot of people by. Yet when you read his interview and how he states his involvement in everything football wise throughout the club (even to the kit ), it is evident he will be in full control. Silva will answer to Brands and if he doesn't measure up , he's history. Brands is selecting the man who will coach the style he is going to implement throughout the club.

Don't get the negativity over Silva tbh, very good coach, very very good man manager, very obsessed with how his team play and where they sand, even on throw ins. Give the guy a chance....hes a massive upgrade on Sam

Same here Mr G. Everton Hierarchy have been after him for at least 6 months and Brands appears to be fine with him too. He is young, ambitious, renowned for his man management and attacking type football, has experience of winning trophies and titles and knows how to manage in the premier league regardless of his first 2 teams being mediocre relegation fodder that any Manager would have struggled with.

Deserves a chance imo and will have a far better platform and opportunity of doing better at a bigger club like Everton. Things wont suddenly get great in a short time no matter who is in charge. It will take time and we need to get behind him and show some patience. He is a huge upgrade from Allardyce no matter what.

I am cautiously optimistic and will get behind him and give him the time and patience needed.

Definately this. I think the significance of his appointment is passing a lot of people by. Yet when you read his interview and how he states his involvement in everything football wise throughout the club (even to the kit ), it is evident he will be in full control. Silva will answer to Brands and if he doesn't measure up , he's history. Brands is selecting the man who will coach the style he is going to implement throughout the club.
Surely if Silva fails its a failure of brands himself?

That said, I don't even believe silva is brands choice considering the silva thing has been happening for about 6 months now, well before brands.

Surely if Silva fails its a failure of brands himself?

That said, I don't even believe silva is brands choice considering the silva thing has been happening for about 6 months now, well before brands.
Brands has been in contact with Everton ,by his own admission, for around 2years. Who knows when he offered advice on future coaches? I am personally certain he made his decision to join us far ahead of any public announcements.
Also considering the coach will be answerable to him , I am absolutely certain he has at least rubber stamped the appointment if not actually selected him.
Relax , enjoy the ride, Marcel's got this.

Brands has been in contact with Everton ,by his own admission, for around 2years. Who knows when he offered advice on future coaches? I am personally certain he made his decision to join us far ahead of any public announcements.
Also considering the coach will be answerable to him , I am absolutely certain he has at least rubber stamped the appointment if not actually selected him.
Relax , enjoy the ride, Marcel's got this.
Hope you are right, Brands' appointment is the only thing in this sorry saga giving me optimism....I can remember the joy in here when Walsh was appointed. The thing is, we don't know how all these negotiations have progressed. I agree that him being in contact with us for that long should mean that he may well have had input ...but of course this is Everton. Seems we will have to see what the transfer window brings...possibly the outgoings may be more interesting than the incomings?

Hope you are right, Brands' appointment is the only thing in this sorry saga giving me optimism....I can remember the joy in here when Walsh was appointed. The thing is, we don't know how all these negotiations have progressed. I agree that him being in contact with us for that long should mean that he may well have had input ...but of course this is Everton. Seems we will have to see what the transfer window brings...possibly the outgoings may be more interesting than the incomings?
yes..Walsh flattered to deceive.
The idea was the right one but he wasnt the right one.
Now we have an expert in that position...it will take time ( perhaps 2 or 3 seasons) but it will bear fruit....just have patience fellow Toffees

Underwhelming to say the least......accepting 8th or lower...that's the spirit !!!
Where you were happy with Sam were you not or sat on the fence?
I can't remember, any new manager needs to thin out the aging players the useless players, and rebuild the team a big task , but I will support who ever is chosen as long as its not dire hoofball!

The least I've been interested in a managerial appointment in ages. The key appointment was Brands because from now on, it's just a First Team Coach role.

Good luck Marco, just some passing would be nice.

It was great after the Martinez sacking, now it's just boring

Where you were happy with Sam were you not or sat on the fence?
I can't remember, any new manager needs to thin out the aging players the useless players, and rebuild the team a big task , but I will support who ever is chosen as long as its not dire hoofball!
That the spirit Joe, first and foremost i want to watch football. If we cop for some silverware too, happy days!

If he didn't manage the Redshite everyone would be happy to take a punt on Brendan Rodgers, clearly a better candidate than Marco Silva.
Nah wouldn’t be happy and not because of the Redsh$*e link, he talks absolute nonsense, is completely cringeworthy and an absolute bueat. He’s won a lot at Celtic, but Ian Dowie could do that.

Would much prefer Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back