Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate I can't allow you to be excited about the semi final.

The man who got us there you wanted rid of.

I don't want you getting involved in any of the build up to Wembley and neither are you allowed to watch the game. That goes for all of you, you know who you are.

Cult speak :p

I am on record for saying I would advise we stick with Martinez if we win the semi till the end of season.

Vault me.

You concentrate on league games only sir. Martinez will give you what you want there.

We are off to the Green Man while you are all green with envy.

I'm beginning to realise why you say you are on the fence. I just got down from the fence few weeks ago fir the first time. One week you're getting hailed for your opinion the next people are down you're throat.

You want to be silent on your negative Martinez views in the mist of a semi final knowing it's inappropriate but then you will get accused of going hiding under a rock.

It's a wicked game.

Think tonight has shown how good this team could be with a pragmatic manager. They have all the tools .
I just don't think Roberto can deliver it consistently.

Mourinho spent 49m, 5m and 9m (total 63m nets spend) in the 3 years back at Chelsea
Martinez spent -16m, 36m, 28m (total 48m net) in Martinez three seasons at Everton

So overall Mourinho on average spent 21m per season at Chelsea, Martinez 16m per season at everton, 5m more per season on transfers mate, hardly a huge difference really, also Martinez outspent by a large amount Chelsea in 2 of those 3 seasons, the blip season being the one we loaned in 40m quid worth of players which obviously don't count in spending terms

21m per season compared to 16m per season on average.

Also amusing how many people don't realsie that Mourinho has had some exceptional value for momney buys in his time as well.

Ozil 13m, Di Maria 24m, Modric 27m, Varane 7m, Khedira 10m at Madrid
at Inter - Eto'o -16m, Milito 21m, Sneider 11m, Motta 8m

Just to go from his last two foreign managerial posts, so yeah he has shown he can buy well without spending 35m on left backs mate

Lukaku makes a big difference.

Mourinho received £28m for Lukaku
Martinez paid out £28m for Lukaku

That reduces the difference in spending between them by £56m!

Think tonight has shown how good this team could be with a pragmatic manager. They have all the tools .
I just don't think Roberto can deliver it consistently.[/QUOTE
Robles, Funes Mori, Barry, McCarthy, Lennon, Cleverley, Lukaku were all brought to the club by RM and Barkley has been turned into a star by him. All of those played last night , we won't even mention Deulofeu or Galloway.

Are you suggesting we keep RM as a kind of procurement officer and appoint somebody else as team manager.

In under three seasons on a limited budget RM has put together a squad that is the envy of the Premiership, we have qualified for the semi finals in the two cups and people still want rid.

Sorry mate I can't allow you to be excited about the semi final.

The man who got us there you wanted rid of.

I don't want you getting involved in any of the build up to Wembley and neither are you allowed to watch the game. That goes for all of you, you know who you are.
You may know who they are but we don't
Come on if you are ITK name names let's shame them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back