Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That in the long run it will make slim to no difference who we appoint as manager. Although I can how that would have been lost in the rambling rant that was my post. I just see the same old thing year after year, decade after decade regardless of the team unless what happens is actually groundbreaking or financially dominant in nature. The whole thing is a cyclical farce and just keeps getting worse, the only difference is that it's got prettier packaging and better advertising.

What we actually need imho is a proper philosophy, which Martinez initiated, to bring talented loyal youth through and spend money filling the gaps. Obviously Martinez couldn't stay on as manager but his philosophy was right and he'd have made a excellent director of football. Not one of the managers we're being link with is a stand out candidate, why not appoint a coach rather than manager. At this level players should be able to manage themselves, all they really need is coaching. The way we're going now is the same as always, round in circles.
You think a good director of football would sanction the £13.5m purchase of Oumar Niasse? You think Lukaku and Stones are loyal? You get some good gear over in Cuba yeah?

And what else was it he said whilst he was here, the grass isn't always greener for players who leave here?

Well he's found out to his cost that it applies to managers also.

Do one you ginger Bell.

He also said....

image.png

You get what you deserve and the way a lot of our fans are these days, we deserve very little. They think they're funny, they're actually just ****'s. We'll end up with either a mid tier manager with ambition like Martinez again or someone after a paycheck, I really don't give a **** anymore. The way I'm starting to feel about Everton is the way I've felt about England for years now but unlike with England it's not the media that's putting me off, it's our own fans. Most of you lot need to get your heads around the fact we're midtable and even a PL win like Leicester's wouldn't change that as it takes more than one title to change perception. In the time it would take to change perceptions we'd lose our players in the cyclical player power rotation again whilst appointing a new manager here and there. Even with the Moshiri money we're midtable and the league is so strong now that regular CL is pretty much impossible without serious money. All Moshiri does is keep us away from relegation and pushing for EL, with 7/8 other clubs. It's all bull****.

This manager process better move faster or we're going to have a few more nervous breakdowns.

200.gif

We will taking a huge step backwards if Moyes is appointed. But just don't get the Koeman shouts . Beaten 1-6 at home by a poor Liverpool side .No good manager ever loses by that many especially at home!!

Status
Not open for further replies.