Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so far from the truth mate - there's no Moyes on the agenda, believe me.
image.webp

@The Esk says Relax

He's allowed a holiday mate.
So many contradictions in this statement with what's been said before, and been said by Koeman.

There's certainly nothing definite in this statement at all, it's very conditional - they've not discussed contract terms as they've not yet reached agreement on where the club is going; "if Ronald is committing himself", "we're at the point of getting down to the detail".

There's no detail or suggestions of where they are going - if they had agreement he would be indicating what their ambitions are.

I would say this is a fairly weak holding statement, nothing more.
It's a conditional statement that indicates that talks are ongoing without a resolution, either way, yet. The fact that Koeman is taking so long to decide whilst, apparently, being vigorously pursued by us with the distinct possibility that we could turn our attentions elsewhere strongly suggests he's only lukewarm on the EFC 'project'. He knows he can take his time to commit to Southampton and their contract will still be waiting but he can't know that regarding EFC and he doesn't seem to be very concerned about potentially missing a great opportunity which provides compelling evidence that he doesn't necessarily view it as a great opportunity even if he is somewhat interested.
From our perspective the 'Moshiri project' is a fantastic step forward but perhaps it's pulling power is being overestimated. From the outside, we're a club who finished 11th, are going to lose our top scorer and have a big rebuilding job ahead. Moshiri provides promise of boardroom change and a substantial budget (does the mooted £100 million include player sales? - very important). The promise needs to be demonstrated but even if it is it still won't put us in with the really big boys financially. Nevertheless the 'project' is still great for EFC as I can imagine the future we'd be looking at without a new de-facto owner.

lol

His agent you say....

De Boer has been fluttering his eyelashes at every PL with a vacancy for the last 12 months. As soon as a PL manager is sacked you can guarantee his brother appears on TS talking about how his brother fancies working in England.
Fluttering his eyelashes !!!! He has dropped his kecks and bent over lol

For one about all the big clubs on front of us who are settled going into next season, while we dont even have a manager. How bad it would be if one of Lukaku or Stones goes, things like that.

I believe Leicester were also in terrible trouble last pre-season having appointed some Italian buffoon, Mr. Tinker or some bloke.

We should all be hugely concerned off the back of TalkShites charitable concern for EFC.

They have been out for a while tonight already

Just follow this guy for example: https://twitter.com/hendopolis
and you will see the front and back pages as soon as they are out.

(But you will not learn much from what they write)

Strange, the papers think Koeman has changed agent and will be on £2.5 million. Martinez was on more than that, so I would be surprised he would't come here for a couple if million pounds a year more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back