Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the papers tomorrow,Favre has snubbed and so has Koeman.

The list is getting smaller and the possibility of Moyes is getting stronger.
download (51).webp

That's so far from the truth mate - there's no Moyes on the agenda, believe me.
It seems Overmars is set for the DoF job but someone mentioned Moyes for the DoF job on here earlier, I don't know if they meant it's happening or they would like that to happen... it's an interesting thought as Moyes found some great players for very small fees and I am sure he's bound to have good connections across the football scene, plus, if possible contractually, he could double up as a defensive coach, again one of his better qualities. @The Esk is there any or could there ever be any truth in this? Was that maybe what the supposed meetings and phone calls are about?

It's a conditional statement that indicates that talks are ongoing without a resolution, either way, yet. The fact that Koeman is taking so long to decide whilst, apparently, being vigorously pursued by us with the distinct possibility that we could turn our attentions elsewhere strongly suggests he's only lukewarm on the EFC 'project'. He knows he can take his time to commit to Southampton and their contract will still be waiting but he can't know that regarding EFC and he doesn't seem to be very concerned about potentially missing a great opportunity which provides compelling evidence that he doesn't necessarily view it as a great opportunity even if he is somewhat interested.
From our perspective the 'Moshiri project' is a fantastic step forward but perhaps it's pulling power is being overestimated. From the outside, we're a club who finished 11th, are going to lose our top scorer and have a big rebuilding job ahead. Moshiri provides promise of boardroom change and a substantial budget (does the mooted £100 million include player sales? - very important). The promise needs to be demonstrated but even if it is it still won't put us in with the really big boys financially. Nevertheless the 'project' is still great for EFC as I can imagine the future we'd be looking at without a new de-facto owner.
Surely he knew mourinho was first choice in which case how is he taking his time it's van gaal has barely been sacked.

Really surprised Roberto Mancini isn't being pursued....not even mentioned. I think he'd be perfect for this project and he's got the character to take on the likes of Guardiola, Mourhino, Wenger and Plopp.

Oh, and he'll bring Joe Hart with him.....

I propose that prior to being allowed to vote, every voter must pass a very basic IQ test (eg 40 + 40 x 0 + 1 = ???)
This way, we can easily tell who the straight out WUMmers are, and by comparing before/after lists, who the downright clueless are
Is it Emery's away record?

It seems Overmars is set for the DoF job but someone mentioned Moyes for the DoF job on here earlier, I don't know if they meant it's happening or they would like that to happen... it's an interesting thought as Moyes found some great players for very small fees and I am sure he's bound to have good connections across the football scene, plus, if possible contractually, he could double up as a defensive coach, again one of his better qualities. @The Esk is there any or could there ever be any truth in this? Was that maybe what the supposed meetings and phone calls are about?
His scout did, who went to Chelsea DM almost had to be begged to sign John Stones!
A big step backwards if he returns in any capacity IMO!

Really surprised Roberto Mancini isn't being pursued....not even mentioned. I think he'd be perfect for this project and he's got the character to take on the likes of Guardiola, Mourhino, Wenger and Plopp.

Doubt he'd want to leave Inter.

He is a total blurt but I can see the attraction, would set the cat amongst the pigeons

The Euros will mean that the transfer market and preparations for every club will be pushed back
The earlier the better, but it's hardly panic stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back