Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We're all pinning our hopes and dreams on your optimism here @The Esk
You obviously know more than you can, or are prepared to say.
A word of warning though, you should choose your words more carefully.
There never has been, nor will there ever be a manager here who is 'universally popular' I have no doubt that some will try to use that phrase as a stick to beat you, even if 99% are overjoyed with the eventual appointment.

A lot were worried about what would happen to our youth players coming through and his general behavior mate
Fair enough, personally I thought slowing down a few prospects for 2-3 years (as I doubt he'd stay longer than that anyway) would be worth it,

@themole10 If this doesn't come off are you going to explain to my kids why daddy has spent all their savings on football betting? Are you going to explain to my missus why we've just been saddled with debt that will take us into retirement?

There's a good chance my kids won't eat tonight @themole10. That's nothing to do with the money, I'm just greedy.

lollollollollol

Without trying to undermine what Esk has said I suspect the man he is referring to is Emery. We were due to meet his representatives on Thursday (today). While Esk and one or two others have been well aware of this for a little time that may not has been common knowledge until yesterday when the wider press may have been briefed.

The important point to note form this is that it will be a huge shock to them most of whom think we are probably nailed on for Moyes. It will create a level of excitement and shock and this may mean that they then exaggerate how far along the process we are. This will then impact upon the betting markets. I think there will be a lot of work to do to get him in. That's not to say that it can't be done but it's probably not as far along as people in the wider media think.

Look at the Pellegrini stuff, he's been favourite in the markets for 3-4 days on the basis of us meeting him at the start of the week and the surprise in the wider media that we wouldn't be looking at even his calibre.

I remember when Moyes left we saw Weir, Stubbs & Neville all interviewed and on interview and saw their odds plummeting. I have little doubt we are meeting him but it's not in the bag either.

Lads, years ago when Martin O'Neill left Villa someone who claimed to be ITK on a villa forum joined and claimed it was Moyes replacing him, they all steamed in and bet on him causing the odds to tumble and be suspended. They all backed it, imagine the disappointment when it was Birmingham manager Alex McCleish.

I remember a lad on twitter saying he was ITK and had a grand on him. Loads of people followed the bet, probably a bookie!

We're all pinning our hopes and dreams on your optimism here @The Esk
You obviously know more than you can, or are prepared to say.
A word of warning though, you should choose your words more carefully.
There never has been, nor will there ever be a manager here who is 'universally popular' I have no doubt that some will try to use that phrase as a stick to beat you, even if 99% are overjoyed with the eventual appointment.
The Esk never said it was Emery, he just hinted themole10 said it was Emery, so now we wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back