Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Right.

He won a couple of Italian fa cups and the Turkish fa cup. Martinez has won the fa cup as well, so has Harry redknapp.

As for league titles? Haha he won the Italian league when the two teams above him either got relegated or got points deducted. He also picked players out of their team who were willing to move there. He literally had no competition and the best team, it would have been harder to lose the title with inter.

As for his title with man city? He played total attacking football and had just signed players such as toure silva and aguero, you know world class players. Again it would have been difficult to not win the title that year signing a load of top quality players and then attacking the hell out of everyone. As soon as the season finished he was found out and struggled.

So yeah, if he isn't got his rivals out the picture or signed a load of top class talent then he ha struggled bar a few fa cups.

There was me thinking we wanted more than a fa cup......
Firstly I don't get the Harry Redknapp argument. If he'd won one FA Cup in his entire career I'd say fair enough but winning multiple cup competitions in different countries suggests it isn't a one off.

Yes in Italy Juve were relegated and teams were deducted points but that affected one season. He won the league 3 years in a row. Those second and third league wins everyone started on the same points. Pretty mental how you can turn winning Serie A 3 years in a row into a negative.

At City he had money to spend but money doesn't automatically equal success. He had a job to do and he did it. The season before he took over they finished 10th so it wasn't like they were Champions League regulars.

Also on your last point, saying we want someone who can deliver more than an FA Cup we haven't won a trophy for 21 years. We have no business turning our noses up at the FA Cup.

Firstly I don't get the Harry Redknapp argument. If he'd won one FA Cup in his entire career I'd say fair enough but winning multiple cup competitions in different countries suggests it isn't a one off.

Yes in Italy Juve were relegated and teams were deducted points but that affected one season. He won the league 3 years in a row. Those second and third league wins everyone started on the same points. Pretty mental how you can turn winning Serie A 3 years in a row into a negative.

At City he had money to spend but money doesn't automatically equal success. He had a job to do and he did it. The season before he took over they finished 10th so it wasn't like they were Champions League regulars.

Also on your last point, saying we want someone who can deliver more than an FA Cup we haven't won a trophy for 21 years. We have no business turning our noses up at the FA Cup.
So do we give the job to H ?

Phil Neville and distin have now suggested us to go back in for Moyes, you don't see this at other clubs and now Neville suggested stones for man u, why?

Short answer is because they both played for Everton when us as a small little club punching above our weigth was not only tolerated but actively encouraged and fostered by both manager and board with the media lapping it up and going along with that narrative with open arms

More devious answer would be that they are both either finished playing wise or close to being so, they likely get payed for these 'interviews' and if they go along with the narrative that the media wants - us as a small club, our players who are decent should be playing for a big club etc, then they aree more likely to get asked again to appear on shows, as pundits, as commentators etc

Notice how little the likes of Cahill, Kilbane, Reid, Southall, nevi etc get pieces in the media - all more articulate than someone like Neville, all when active better players (well 3 at least where) yet none of those blindly slags us off to anyone who listens unlike the ex- blues who get often quoted and interviewed

For what it's worth I've seen Ivan Gazidis and Ed Woodward today and bosses of Ajax, Anderlect and a few others. They are all out in Milan today.

What's happening in Milan if you don't mind me asking? (Can't find it flicking through the pages)

Status
Not open for further replies.