Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has mourinho ever worked unde a director of football before? I know United have never had one and too my memory neither has mourinho. I would be very surprised if he is united bound as mourinho likes to be in total control of any club he is at. Hence why he fell out with abramovich the first time round at Chelsea when he started to meddle in first team affairs.
Frank arnesen at Chelsea ?

Would United really want a DoF? Not exactly their way of doing things- especially now Mourinho is there, he's not going to want someone above him in charge of transfers. Ed Woodward (as poor as he seems to be) takes care of that, and can't see that setup changing?

I'll be honest, an hour ago I hadn't even heard of Monchi, so honestly- not fussed if we don't land him. But, as stated, his resignation increases our chances of landing Emery. All good.

Just seen a Spanish tweet say Mourinho is a big fan of Monchi, it's a very good link to make to be fair but sure Mourinho loves having a load of control.

No mate. Thats my office.

This is @The Esk 's office:

uphollandex30.jpg
C'mon Damo...don't lie I've seen the happy picture of you from the day your office was delivered from Toys R Us...
20160530_221222.webp

Can you imagine the collective fume if he does pitch up at Goodison - the Twitterverse seem to think he's off to Man U (or Liarpool)

I've decided to step back from this now. When it happens it will happen and I know I'll be very disappointed.

Cant see him going to Man U. Mourinho has the resources to be buying the best around and the club/fans will want immidiate success, not relying on Monchi to unearth unknown potential gems. He would be wasted there and can imagine him getting frustrated when he reccomends a young unheard of player, only for Mourinho to ignore him and spend £40 mill on a 'name'.

Can't see him coming here either tbh, unless its compare notes on Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back