Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pochettino was in a very similar situation to Emery, in that he did speak conversational english (as does Emery) but not enough to do press conferences, so used a translator for them
And the word was he milked that so he didn't have to do interviews, the players said there was no problem with his English or understanding him in training.

From offside.com. No idea if reliable but it's interesting that the only competition, for his signature, that they mention is Everton.

"Reports indicate that Milan are interested in hiring Sevilla coach Unai Emery to be Milan's next manager. Milan were linked with a move for Emery last summer before ultimately opting to hire Sinisa Mihajlovic instead. The Chinese investors who are currently negotiating to buy the club are keen on installing the Spaniard as manager for next season, replacing interim boss Cristian Brocchi. Emery has enjoyed a stellar managerial career thus far, impressing first at Valencia and now at Sevilla, who have won the Europa League on three consecutive occasions under his watch.

Silvio Berlusconi is said to be keen on retaining Brocchi, despite the former Primavera coach enduring a less-than-successful stint in the dugout. The Chinese, however, reportedly favour the more experienced Emery, and feel that he would be the perfect man to lead the club forward. It's difficult to argue otherwise, especially with investment coming into the club. Milan will reportedly face competition from Everton, who want him to replace Roberto Martinez. Milan are also considering a move for Marco Giampaolo, who announced his intention to leave Empoli this summer in search of a bigger job."

I've just been told that we're speaking to Emery today, maybe tomorrow, could be Thursday, if not it will be Defoe Friday. Was also told from a good source he might become our manager, there is a chance he won't though, if not, we will definitely have a new manager by the start of the season, will keep you updated when my ITK senses tingle again.

If we remove quantum theory and the dual state of things from the equation, what you're saying is he will...or won't, with a side order of each way followed by a definite maybe...or maybe not.

If we remove quantum theory and the dual state of things from the equation, what you're saying is he will...or won't, with a side order of each way followed by a definite maybe...or maybe not.

Uh Ohhh...........

Quantum theory

dual state

equations

Loony Levels are rising rapidly !

I think people have to be realistic and keep the biased views to a minimum.

We view the premier league as the best in the world, but that doesn't mean foreign managers will.

Everton have a great history and are one of the most successful teams in England. But, will a foreign manager know this? Hand on heart, I know Seville has won the Europa League 3 times in a row because it's recent but I've no idea what other trophies they have won. So the likes of Simeone, Emery might not know of Everton due to lack of recent success.

I think people have to be realistic and keep the biased views to a minimum.

We view the premier league as the best in the world, but that doesn't mean foreign managers will.

Everton have a great history and are one of the most successful teams in England. But, will a foreign manager know this? Hand on heart, I know Seville has won the Europa League 3 times in a row because it's recent but I've no idea what other trophies they have won. So the likes of Simeone, Emery might not know of Everton due to lack of recent success.

Not sure he could name the 66 cup final team, but he's at least very aware of us as a club. He stated last season that he'd expected us to challenge strongly for the Europa league and was surprised Kiev put us out when they didi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back