Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people have to be realistic and keep the biased views to a minimum.

We view the premier league as the best in the world, but that doesn't mean foreign managers will.

Everton have a great history and are one of the most successful teams in England. But, will a foreign manager know this? Hand on heart, I know Seville has won the Europa League 3 times in a row because it's recent but I've no idea what other trophies they have won. So the likes of Simeone, Emery might not know of Everton due to lack of recent success.
This may well be the case. It's up to our people to express the virtues of our club if that's the case. Plus a huge salary, a chance to manage in the premier league, plans to move to a new stadium etc.

We view the premier league as the best in the world, but that doesn't mean foreign managers will.

Everton have a great history and are one of the most successful teams in England. But, will a foreign manager know this? Hand on heart, I know Seville has won the Europa League 3 times in a row because it's recent but I've no idea what other trophies they have won. So the likes of Simeone, Emery might not know of Everton due to lack of recent success.

The only world class managers not in the PL are simeone and ancelloti... There is a reason for that

I said 'If we remove'...sighs

as a wise man said to me...never argue with fools as the bystanders won't be able to tell you apart.

memo to self; why you no listen.

Wasn't looking to argue ? or even be critical in any way of what you said - or call you a fool or anything else - just simply highlighted some more of the diverse points/subjects/issues being raised in the "next manager" thread along with all the other random rabbit holes we go down whilst waiting for the real news - thats all.

We appointed our previous manager on the strength of a cup win..... just sayin' like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back