Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monchi not going to Man U according to BBC sports news feed.
Link?

Edit: just found it -

"New Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho spent seven hours at the club’s Carrington training complex yesterday.

"It does not look like he will be being joined by Monchi, who has just left his position as Sevilla’s sporting director.

"United have had a sporting director, preferring to place responsibility for team affairs solely in the hands of the manager and there is no sense at Old Trafford that system is going to change."

Last edited:

Estadio Deportivo report that Monchi left after an argument in a board meeting about the project and investment available.

http://www.estadiodeportivo.com/sevilla/2016/05/31/monchi-causas-marcha/73300.html

That is, it was not a deliberate decision and it all happened within the Council itself. Discrepancies on the vision that both have the sports project and investment in signings were the causes of anger

They also state that Emery's release clause in his contract is irrisoria (insignificant) from tomorrow - 1st June

Otherwise, although its output would have drastic consequences in planning, because he and his team have outlined the objectives to strengthen this year and marked in red possible names, yes could have them in a Emery whose releaseclause it is derisory contract from tomorrow and the estrelinas lurking pounds and power of Jorge Mendes.

We are a fantastic project for Emery and Monchi, maybe we are trying to get them both here, I'm sure Moshiri can put a very compelling case together, new stadium imminent, 200m to spend this summer and more funds to follow every transfer window, fat wages compared to Sevilla.

I said it weeks ago and plenty agreed, if you want get involved in the Prem we are a great project to be part of.

I've just been told that we're speaking to Emery today, maybe tomorrow, could be Thursday, if not it will be Defoe Friday. Was also told from a good source he might become our manager, there is a chance he won't though, if not, we will definitely have a new manager by the start of the season, will keep you updated when my ITK senses tingle again.

Love the closing statement "we will definitely have a new manager by the start of the season". I think this takes ITK-ness to a new level

We are a fantastic project for Emery and Monchi, maybe we are trying to get them both here, I'm sure Moshiri can put a very compelling case together, new stadium imminent, 200m to spend this summer and more funds to follow every transfer window, fat wages compared to Sevilla.

I said it weeks ago and plenty agreed, if you want get involved in the Prem we are a great project to be part of.
I think we should give them a project on tadpoles and frogs first and see how they get on with that

The intrigue for me at this point is not actually the will we/won't we aspect of getting Emery - I'm confident enough that we are making the best pitch we can. It's who will come in if he decides against joining us.
Would be ironic if De Boer gets the job 3 weeks later than he intended though that's no slight on the club if it is the case - they are doing absolutely the right thing in aiming as high as possible.

200m to spend this summer? In your dreams maybe, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back