Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Koeman coming to Everton needs to be put in this context.

Even though we met and interviewed a fair number of candidates including Emery and Jose, Koeman was Moshiri's number 1 choice even before Martinez had left the club.

I can go into the vaults and back through twitter if anyone is doubting that. Moshiri has got the man he wanted.

This.

Moshiri trusts Koeman and his PL experience is definitely very important thing here.
Interesting to see what kind of transfer targets this duo will target

I think Koeman coming to Everton needs to be viewed in this context.

Even though we met and interviewed a fair number of candidates including Emery and Jose, Koeman was Moshiri's number 1 choice even before Martinez had left the club.

I can go into the vaults and back through twitter if anyone is doubting that. Moshiri has got the man he wanted.

I definitely remember you posting that several times.

Is it all done Esk?

If Moshiri is getting what he wants, the assumption is he wants a D of F also. is this likely to be announced alongside the appointment ?

Cant believe hes done over £100mil there.

If he spent £100mil on those players for us....

What? £107M? On 15 players (just over £7M per player on average)? And the players going out totalled £128M? What's your point?

He's been shopping in the bargain basement while his best players have been sold on him. So again, what is your point?

He's got a healthy transfer budget at Everton and (on paper) a much better squad that he ever had at Southampton.

I'm not sure if people get management on here.

Just because koeman didn't start his career out winning the league and cup every single year it makes him a terrible manager? If he had have done he wouldn't be coming here that's for sure.

Koeman is exactly what the club needs right now. Someone who is defensively solid who can build a squad and can take a team back into Europe. He has experience in the league and has experience building a team after mass sales. Considering our captains comments about up to 10 players could be leaving, makes me think he have the right man for the job.

He isn't glamorous or exciting right now but as I have banged on about, our last appointment was a manager relegated from this league. We are a mid table team with a horribly unbalanced squad and our best player is already talking about leaving. We are hardly banging on the door of the top 4 and demanding a top level manager.

If all koeman does is take us back into Europa and builds us a solid squad then thst is job done. We have to start somewhere and becoming defensively sound is pretty much the basic requirement.

I applaud the board for taking the sensible choice here. As much as it pains me not to get emery whilst we have the chance to, we just weren't attractive enough for him.

I think Koeman coming to Everton needs to be put in this context.

I think this is a major point, he wanted him and went out and did what it took to get him, hopefully the same will be done when going for players and the new ground. No more begging bowl and favours required

Any manager we get is a risk but like it has been said before, his remit will be to take the club forward and raise the profile firstly, the next phase if that goes well will be to start to challenge, maybe Koeman will be the man for the second phase and maybe he won't. but I think as a starting point it is a really positive appointment

Whilst I, and I would wager many others, wanted Emery I will be happy with Ronald and Monchi. If we put down that sort of marker we will be heading in the right direction.

Funnily enough although Roberto's management went West and his judgement on many big buys was questionable (not Lukaku or Mac but Kone and Oumar not so good) he got most of the cheaper buys spot on.

Besic (though fitness issues)
Barry
Robles
Lennon
Cleverley

@BirkenheadBlue

Taking a team up 2 places in the league on a negative net spend (with their DOF negotiating massive fees for players) isnt exactly top management though is it? Surely improving a sides position is the standard for any manager?

Honestly thought it was far more than a £20mil negative spend. So hes actually spent quite a lot of money based on the huge sums liverpool squandered on their players....and others like chambers going for £16mil.

Thought it was about £50mil negative.

Where to find a list of his signings for them? He must have spent over £100mil on players?
Well it's the standard for any GOOD manager.

Football is a zero sum game - if one team goes up, another has to go down - so saying it's "the standard for any manager" isn't really true - as many managers take their team higher as take them lower.

And not all two place gaps are the same either, nor are they all the same for every team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back