Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping Martinez isn't an option. And almost every option listed is either not good enough or not that likely. And why are people talking as if there is the remotest chance we get the waiter? Not close to good enough to forget being RS. There's lack of faith in the leadership of the club and then there's belief that we are run by absolute morons.

Their amazing European victory has made their fanbase feel all warrior like.

As it would ours!

No point in living in denial mate, it was an amazing victory and they are now on a high.

Once again, whatever we do, whenever we do it, they will always come out smelling of roses in comparison! God hates Everton - FACT!

As for the rest of the debate, anybody advocating FSW behave yourselves!

I don't know if he's been mentioned, I've literally only just got involved in this thread at this stage but i wouldn't be surprised to see LVG get considered here if he does get moved on.

His time at Utd has been thoroughly depressing but we'd have all been drooling at the thought of him getting the job prior to his stint in Manchester. He has a very impressive pre United CV.

I don't know how I'd feel about him coming here though.

I don't know if he's been mentioned, I've literally only just got involved in this thread at this stage but i wouldn't be surprised to see LVG get considered here if he does get moved on.

His time at Utd has been thoroughly depressing but we'd have all been drooling at the thought of him getting the job prior to his stint in Manchester. He has a very impressive pre United CV.

Considering you are the first to even contemplate that thought, I would love to hear your extended thoughts on this disaster?

LVG
HIDDINK
WENGER

all names that suddenly can become available for us....Wenger might belong to my pipe dream list but anyways...similar situation with these three

If there's one thing last night confirms it's that the appointment of the next Everton manager, needs to happen sooner rather than later, and it really needs to be a manager with a cv that shows he's a winner! As someone has already said earlier they want to dislike Klopp but can't really, I would have loved him and his passion as our manager but that ship has sailed sadly. Everton need to get this appointment right and appoint someone who can properly go toe to toe with Klopp and others, and bring some passion and optimism back to this club! This is a massive decision for Mr Moshiri - not Bill!
I am dreading what could happen tomorrow afternoon and next Wednesday night, and that's even before I think of the semi final - and that's a sad indictment of the way the current regime is managing/and has over the last two years managed this squad of players!

Considering you are the first to even contemplate that thought, I would love to hear your extended thoughts on this disaster?

If he hasn't ben mentioned then I find that surprising.

His time at United has been very Moyes esque here but he could still win an FA cup and get them 4th whilst pre United his record does seem exceptional.

I know very little of the man, maybe other more educated on here could say whether this just a freak time at United and if he'd be a good appointment or not.

For what it's worth, I think we need a huge name, driven winner in the game, a galactic of management now so to say and he does fit that bill.

I don't want a Howe or Hughes type of manager, I just feel we need a massive name who can keep this squad together and get us immediate respect and results even if it's only short term.

The club now is a much different project to what we have been for the last 25 years.

If there's one thing last night confirms it's that the appointment of the next Everton manager, needs to happen sooner rather than later, and it really needs to be a manager with a cv that shows he's a winner! As someone has already said earlier they want to dislike Klopp but can't really, I would have loved him and his passion as our manager but that ship has sailed sadly. Everton need to get this appointment right and appoint someone who can properly go toe to toe with Klopp and others, and bring some passion and optimism back to this club! This is a massive decision for Mr Moshiri - not Bill!
I am dreading what could happen tomorrow afternoon and next Wednesday night, and that's even before I think of the semi final - and that's a sad indictment of the way the current regime is managing/and has over the last two years managed this squad of players!

100% agree and if our humble GOT poll is any kind of indicator, the winner we should be trying to appoint is Jose Mourinho.

Will that happen? Personally I'd love it to happen, but I doubt it will... I hope I'm wrong on this, but I doubt anyone within the club has even bothered to contact him.

The removal of El Bob and the appointment of his successor is without doubt, the biggest decision this club has had to make since the dawn of the Premiership era and probably since the mid 1980s when some/many were calling for Howard Kendall to be sacked and Sir Philip Carter resisted/never contemplated it.

100% agree and if our humble GOT poll is any kind of indicator, the winner we should be trying to appoint is Jose Mourinho.

Will that hapoen? Personally I'd love it to happen, but I doubt it will... I hope I'm wrong on this, but I doubt anyone within the club has even bothered to contact him.

The removal of El Bob and the appointment of his successor is without doubt, the biggest decision this club has had to make since the dawn of the Premiership era and probably since the mid 1980s when some/many were calling for Howard Kendall to be sacked and Sir Philip Carter resisted/never contemplated it.

I'd have Mourinho here in a flash unlike some on here, as I've said before he's as close as you can get to guaranteeing success and changing the whole mentality and mind set of the club, players and even the fans! Who cares if its only for two or three years there'd be a queue of top class managers lining up to then take over from him! We can but dream!
In the meantime if we are to have any chance in the derby or the semi final Roberto has to go. Lose tomorrow and GP will be a horrible horrible place to be, and that ultimately may be what tips the scales for Moshiri!

Will that happen? Personally I'd love it to happen, but I doubt it will... I hope I'm wrong on this, but I doubt anyone within the club has even bothered to contact him.

I've no doubt we've been in contact with Jose and IF he's actually available and not going to UTD we'll have made an offer. Be nutty if we haven't.

I'd have Mourinho here in a flash unlike some on here, as I've said before he's as close as you can get to guaranteeing success and changing the whole mentality and mind set of the club, players and even the fans! Who cares if its only for two or three years there'd be a queue of top class managers lining up to then take over from him! We can but dream!
In the meantime if we are to have any chance in the derby or the semi final Roberto has to go. Lose tomorrow and GP will be a horrible horrible place to be, and that ultimately may be what tips the scales for Moshiri!

I don't want us to lose tomorrow, but I would be ecstatic if Jose were appointed on Saturday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back