Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me end this debate.

I remember Terry Connor doing a wonderful job with Wolves after they sacked McCarthy.

Thank me later, cheers.

Finished 5th in the league with Spurs and they also finished 1 point behind 4th place and 3 points behind 3rd place.

Chelsea was bad but after hearing all the stories of how the players refused to work for him etc, it's hard to blame that entirely on him.

If I was living in fantasy land, I'd be begging for Jose but I feel that AVB who has won stuff would be a decent option for us.

He was carried along by the form of Bale. Much like Rodgers was with Suarez. Should we go after Rodgers because he finished second once for Liverpool?

He was carried along by the form of Bale. Much like Rodgers was with Suarez. Should we go after Rodgers because he finished second once for Liverpool?

I wouldn't want Rodgers even if it was the day after they won the league somehow and we were looking for a replacement for Martinez! :)

hes not getting sacked any time soon. If we are mid-lower table about half way through next season then its a possibility, but he's still miles away from being sacked imo.

Other option for me , Gus Hiddink will be a free agent at the end of the season, top manager, bags of experience dealing with big clubs and proven winner. He is the kind of guy who you can see, commands respect and may help keep our big players, also attract other big names.
But don't think hes looking for a long term prem job, hes turned chelsea down a few times. Class guy though

all punts bar mourinho, he'd never come here would he?!

if I had to choose be howe - evertonian, young, good guy...but it could potentially be disastrous

Hiddink, AVB, Mourinho, Bielsa, Tuchel, Emery, De Boer, off the top of my head would take any one of those over Martinez

I dont think avb did as badly as some say.

He had a major rebuilding job at Chelsea and wasnt doing that badly. Even at spurs he was doing okay and most of the signings he made aside from soldado turned out good with time.

But again he wasn't given the chance.

He would certainly do better than rm

AVB first season at Spurs, 72 points - their record prem total, 5th place, sounds alwfully familiar to a stat that the Martinez backers keep on lauding, strange how they say he is a failiure when he had a better record in english football than old bobby does

No, but neither did AVB in his two spells in England. Face it mate, AVB was a failure. If you're the manager of Chelsea and don't win a trophy then you have failed.

Hard to win antyhing when you are given a few months.

In case of john stones there's an excuse for his shocking performances that he is 21, still learning blablabla you could say this about AVB at Chelsea - young and learning how to cope with the premier league and work with bunch of overpaid primadonas.

Now he is far more experienced.

But still i don't know how can you call hes spell at spurs a fail when he was their best manager in terms of points and wins in the premier league history.

Add to that he won titles in Russia and Portugal. And add to that he is avialable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back